Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I will have to dig up the Photobucket fix when I get home to see the pics and see if the modifications required for my bracket is going to prevent me from installing my headlights later on. If someone can chime in before I get home later today (after 6PM EST) then I would really appreciate it! That would help Peter with planning.
    in thinking about it - i didn't swap in the ZKW brackets to the Touring because i sent the brackets to rob with headlight washers he wanted, even though he didn't need them... kinda dumb on my part because i didn't realize at that point that there was a difference in brackets! perhaps rob can remove the washers and send you the ZKW brackets to modify?

i guess, the good news is that even if you do modify your ZKW brackets to fit the ALs, the ZKWs will still fit afterwards. based on the underside of the ZKW and AL assemblies, i'm assuming a small portion of the bracket needs to be ground down/removed.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Im in the same predicament on my passenger side. I’ve tested the blast and ignighter. Tested good. I then swapped the divers side to the passenger, that worked so I knew the wiring up to the assembly was good. So I’ve narrowed it down to the light assembly. Mine are the factory adaptive. What’s the best
    way to do a rebuild and best place to source the parts? It’s sketch driving with the front passenger assembly pulled out. I’m not doing my ZHP Justice... She looks so injured

-matt

So tonight the wiring in my headlights has reached the point where I need to take action. I disassembled the driver's side and found that it is completely unserviceable without a complete wiring overhaul. Unfortunately this is my only car and a rental adds up to a lot of money I'm not looking to spend.

Does anyone have a pair of facelift sedan headlights that I can borrow until I can fully rebuild mine? It doesn't matter if they're halogen or Xenon, as long as they are functional. Local would be best to save on shipping costs (willing to drive up to a couple of hours each way from anywhere in CT), but realize shipping will probably have to happen.

I'm probably looking at anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks, depending on whether I buy all the right stuff the first time to rebuild both headlights.

Thanks in advance,
    Botond

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    in thinking about it - i didn't swap in the ZKW brackets to the Touring because i sent the brackets to rob with headlight washers he wanted, even though he didn't need them... kinda dumb on my part because i didn't realize at that point that there was a difference in brackets! perhaps rob can remove the washers and send you the ZKW brackets to modify?

i guess, the good news is that even if you do modify your ZKW brackets to fit the ALs, the ZKWs will still fit afterwards. based on the underside of the ZKW and AL assemblies, i'm assuming a small portion of the bracket needs to be ground down/removed.
    Are the brackets in question just for the washer pump? I wonder if the modification affects the pump mounting in any way. I do have cold weather package so those pumps are still in there. You said you sent the bracket to Rob - does that mean the bracket can be removed? If so, I can just remove the brackets and install the AL lights, no?

I don't recall what the bracket assembly looks like - I'll have to check it out when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by h2hzhp View Post
    Im in the same predicament on my passenger side. I’ve tested the blast and ignighter. Tested good. I then swapped the divers side to the passenger, that worked so I knew the wiring up to the assembly was good. So I’ve narrowed it down to the light assembly. Mine are the factory adaptive. What’s the best
    way to do a rebuild and best place to source the parts? It’s sketch driving with the front passenger assembly pulled out. I’m not doing my ZHP Justice... She looks so injured

-matt
    Dunno, man... I'll have to get back to you on this. I'm still developing a parts list, and I'm not sure if it can be shared with the coupe/convertible headlights. It'll suck a lot more for you because you have to bake open your headlight to gut it, whereas mine just has a removable lens.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Are the brackets in question just for the washer pump? I wonder if the modification affects the pump mounting in any way. I do have cold weather package so those pumps are still in there. You said you sent the bracket to Rob - does that mean the bracket can be removed? If so, I can just remove the brackets and install the AL lights, no?
    no, the lights mount to the brackets... so you need them. if there's any modification needed, it will simply be for clearance of the ballast box.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Keep me in the loop. I can send you the brackets if needed...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    ahh, so you got the box finally?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Well since they're also ZKW brackets, I'm gonna say there's no need for them. I'll just modify mine once I had the information on how. Based on reading, it sounds like it's a simple modification with a dremel tool, which I have.

I think the official word on my end is send 'em if you're able and willing, Peter! Please let me know what shipping options I have for expedient delivery and how much these options cost. I can make myself to be available whenever you go to get a quote, if you'd like... that way you don't have to wait for a response and can ship 'em on the spot.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    ahh, so you got the box finally?
    I did. sorry for not letting you know. it was sitting in the back of the MDX for a while... I finally opened it yesterday.
    I had a hell of a week last week not only fighting sickness but had to go down to Tampa for a couple of days for work...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Well since they're also ZKW brackets, I'm gonna say there's no need for them. I'll just modify mine once I had the information on how. Based on reading, it sounds like it's a simple modification with a dremel tool, which I have.

I think the official word on my end is send 'em if you're able and willing, Peter! Please let me know what shipping options I have for expedient delivery and how much these options cost. I can make myself to be available whenever you go to get a quote, if you'd like... that way you don't have to wait for a response and can ship 'em on the spot.
    cool. PM me your address!

I did. sorry for not letting you know. it was sitting in the back of the MDX for a while... I finally opened it yesterday.
    I had a hell of a week last week not only fighting sickness but had to go down to Tampa for a couple of days for work...
    no worries, man! hope you're feeling better!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I just modified my mounting brackets this morning. it's pretty easy and doesn't affect how the ZKW units mount. I have one side left to do so if you want to see how to do it I can post up in about 20 min.

edit - actually, make that around 6 pm today. i have all the pictures but i have to leave for work.
    Last edited by Oltorf; 12-11-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast