Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: STX Weight

Quote Originally Posted by spencers View Post
    Eh, looks like it's CSP. See page 7:
    http://www.scca.com/documents/2011%2...04-25-2011.pdf

Appears S2k will be the biggest competition.
    ...Still Stupid.

There should at least be a ST class for cars that can't class in the already predefined classes. I don't want to run against people against slicks.

Of course, I still do it for fun...but I always have the other side of me who wants to go up against a car with similar characteristics...and beat them.

(Like in STX. I was always neck and neck with another E46 and a Cobalt)

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

The non-M are legal for STR, and still plenty fun, why didn't you pick up one of those? There are a million car choices out there, most of them aren't going to be competitive in the specific autocross category you'd like to compete in.

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    ...Still Stupid.

There should at least be a ST class for cars that can't class in the already predefined classes. I don't want to run against people against slicks.

Of course, I still do it for fun...but I always have the other side of me who wants to go up against a car with similar characteristics...and beat them.

(Like in STX. I was always neck and neck with another E46 and a Cobalt)
    Does your region do a PAX'd street tire class? KC region started doing separate street tire and novice classes this year. They are both ranked by PAX. An additional PAX is applied to give the driver an idea how he does overall (since the PAX index assumes that the car is on R-comps).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    Does your region do a PAX'd street tire class? KC region started doing separate street tire and novice classes this year. They are both ranked by PAX. An additional PAX is applied to give the driver an idea how he does overall (since the PAX index assumes that the car is on R-comps).
    One region around here does. I did that and I came out first in PAX. Absolutely murdered the 3 E36 Ms that were in it as well...pretty enjoying.

The region I go to often does not.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

What weight reduction is permitted in STX? I am having a hell of a time trying to decipher the SCCA rules.
    - Derek

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Front seats, wheels, exhaust, headers, shocks, springs, swaybars, battery, intake can all be lighter than factory, then there is getting down to minimal options, like no-sunroof, halogen headlights.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234