Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: STX Weight

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    If that's how my post sounded, that's not what I meant. I did go quicker in raw time with the DSC in the electronic diff mode (or whatever it's called) but that was just because I had a cleaner run. I was happy with my time with the 2nd run (DSC completely off), so I was just experimenting with the diff mode on that 4th run for the heck of it. I didn't like it because it was still too intrusive (you can really tell it uses the brakes for the 'diff' function). Either way, it was frustrating autoxing this car without an lsd (old PS1s didn't help either though) but DSC completely off is quicker, even though the inside rear will spin.
    My bad; though you meant that you were faster with it on. lol

The TC/DSC system doesn't do anything with the diff, unfortunately. Even if it was some sort of electronic diff, I think that would be better than the straight-up open mechanical diff that we have in our cars. The TC/DSC system as far as I know it is pretty much automatic and electronic control of the brakes on all four corners, not much more. I think someone once posted up how the ASC+T/DSC system works; have to find it.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

What did PEI330CI on E46 Fanatics get his car down to with all of his weight reduction?

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    What did PEI330CI on E46 Fanatics get his car down to with all of his weight reduction?
    Good question.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=961380
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

If I remember correctly PEI330Ci was down around 2700-2750lbs. It's not too difficult to get to 3000lbs if you're willing to give up some amenities. That's my goal.

While DSC is definitely very intrusive I don't mind TC too much, not sure if I'm faster with or without it on. The name of the game is to be smooth - something I need to work on.

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC17 View Post
    If I remember correctly PEI330Ci was down around 2700-2750lbs. It's not too difficult to get to 3000lbs if you're willing to give up some amenities. That's my goal.
    Well yeah, but to get down to that weight, I'm pretty sure that car is unbearable to drive on the street. Heck, I'd be hard pressed to believe it's even street legal...
    The only way I see of reducing weight by about 600 pounds is to do some massive work to the body and only putting in the bare essentials to make the car work.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC17 View Post

Depending on what motorsport/class you're setting up for sub 3000lbs is very doable. However, as the thread is titled, getting below 3000lbs for scca STX class is a real challenge. The OP's car has damn near every weight allowance possible and he's just over still

Quote Originally Posted by bcleaver View Post
    Depending on what motorsport/class you're setting up for sub 3000lbs is very doable. However, as the thread is titled, getting below 3000lbs for scca STX class is a real challenge. The OP's car has damn near every weight allowance possible and he's just over still
    I was referring to just generally getting below 3000 lbs not in a specific class - I know in STX it would be much harder.

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

In STX doing and weight modifications isn't legal.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Removing Headlights and Fogs aren't allowed in STX.
    Removing foglights is legal in 2011, that changed with the new wing rule. I wouldn't remove the headlights, but I may downgrade from HIDs to the Halogens. Gotta pull the HIDs and weigh them. They're nice, so if it's only a pound or two I'll probably leave them on.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Hey Matt, do you know off-hand the race weight of some of the competition: wrx, e36, rx-8?
    The E36s are around 2,850, (328 has a non-sunroof option that 325 does not, which seems to offset the motor weight difference) I think the RX-8s are around 2,750, and the WRXs are just under 3,000 lbs, though keep in mind they're also limited to 245mm tires. Terry is giving it a go in his 3,600 lb 2011 Mustang, but I don't think that pig will fly. Jason Rhoades is building a '69 Camero, which sounds like it might be somewhere around 2,700 lbs, and have lots of torque, but may really struggle suspension-wise.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast