Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: STX Weight

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    The E36s are around 2,850, (328 has a non-sunroof option that 325 does not, which seems to offset the motor weight difference) I think the RX-8s are around 2,750, and the WRXs are just under 3,000 lbs, though keep in mind they're also limited to 245mm tires. Terry is giving it a go in his 3,600 lb 2011 Mustang, but I don't think that pig will fly. Jason Rhoades is building a '69 Camero, which sounds like it might be somewhere around 2,700 lbs, and have lots of torque, but may really struggle suspension-wise.
    I'm almost certain E36's are a lot heavier than 2800 lbs. I once saw a scale show an E36 M3 at a hair over 3000lbs. Heck, my E30, which is more basic, was a few lbs shy of 2800.

Sent from my DROIDX
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    In STX doing and weight modifications isn't legal.
    I guess it depends on how you define 'weight modifications'. You can swap out stock exhaust for custom (###), lightweight battery (#), seats (##), etc.

Removing foglights is legal in 2011, that changed with the new wing rule. I wouldn't remove the headlights, but I may downgrade from HIDs to the Halogens. Gotta pull the HIDs and weigh them. They're nice, so if it's only a pound or two I'll probably leave them on.
    Ah, Good Call

Quote Originally Posted by bcleaver View Post
    I guess it depends on how you define 'weight modifications'. You can swap out stock exhaust for custom (###), lightweight battery (#), seats (##), etc.
    Exhaust is allowed, along with battery. Once you touch the seats it's a no-go I'm pretty sure and you change classes

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y
    Exhaust is allowed, along with battery. Once you touch the seats it's a no-go I'm pretty sure and you change classes
    You can change seats. The seats have to be fully upholstered and there are a couple of other guidelines I can't remember at the moment.

Sent from my DROIDX
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I'm almost certain E36's are a lot heavier than 2800 lbs. I once saw a scale show an E36 M3 at a hair over 3000lbs. Heck, my E30, which is more basic, was a few lbs shy of 2800.
    I've seen the top STX cars on the scales myself. The M3s weigh a lot more than the non-Ms, the lightest of those are in the mid to upper 2900's, which is part of why some say they wouldn't be overdogs in STX. (I respectfully disagree)

I've seen the top STX cars on the scales myself. The M3s weigh a lot more than the non-Ms, the lightest of those are in the mid to upper 2900's, which is part of why some say they wouldn't be overdogs in STX. (I respectfully disagree)
    IMO M3s should be thrown into STX. They get murdered in STU by the 4 bangers.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

IMO M3s should be thrown into STX. They get murdered in STU by the 4 bangers.
    It's true that M3's don't have a great class to play in, but I think they would be overdogs in STX. STX is a great class now with a lot of variety in competition between the WRX, RX-8, 3 series and civics. Putting a car in there that would probably dominate, just to give the M3 drivers a place to play doesn't make sense to me.

spencers Guest
    I recall seeing notes from SCCA that the M3 is being reclassed for next year

Quote Originally Posted by spencers View Post
    I recall seeing notes from SCCA that the M3 is being reclassed for next year
    I hope they do.

I hope the M Coupes can also get a ST Class.

spencers Guest
    TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    I hope they do.

I hope the M Coupes can also get a ST Class.
    Eh, looks like it's CSP. See page 7:
    http://www.scca.com/documents/2011%2...04-25-2011.pdf

Appears S2k will be the biggest competition.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast