Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    and you can't permanently conceal the SoundBot because you need to push the button each time you get in the car. Yes?
    Pete

I've been wanting to upgrade the infotainment in my ZHP since Day 1, almost 6 years ago. The perfect solution for me doesn't quite exist yet - it would be a CarPlay-based unit, with at least one real knob (volume/power), that supports wireless CarPlay, so that the phone wouldn't have to be plugged every time the car is entered. SiriusXM streaming is now supported by CarPlay as of a couple of weeks ago, so no need for a Sirius tuner, and you can stream at up to 320 kbps, FAR better than the satellite stream. And it has to have a reasonable price tag, unlike some of the current CarPlay solutions.

All of this Android-based stuff looks interesting, and the various models that mimic a stock appearance are nice to a point, but they all have their quirks, and they aren't minor ones. I can't go that route.

I await the ultimate solution. It will happen sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    and you can't permanently conceal the SoundBot because you need to push the button each time you get in the car. Yes?
    The control unit/mic has to stay exposed. I end up having to unplug/replug the usb power in order to get the BT to connect (not sure if it would eventually connect or not, but I’m impatient).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12