Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Best Winter Storage Methods for ZHP?

Hey guys so this winter I’ll be putting the ZHP in storage while I drive my Tundra as a daily. When I say storage it’s not going to be anything pristine, a friend of mine owns a row of garages and he’s letting me use one of the spaces.
    What kind of prep should I be doing for the ZHP? I’ve never stored a car for the winter, last year I just put winter rubber on and had fun, but seeing that I actually have another vehicle now it would just seem careless to want to drive it this year.
    The garage definitely isn’t heated, and I’m not sure how available any outlets are for a trickle charger.
    Any advice is helpful! I’m cutting it close, but thankfully the Chicago winter is mild enough through December, but I want her indoors before January and February hit.

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Best Winter Storage Methods for ZHP?

I stored my car last year. I did a couple of things:
    • Filled the car with a new tank of gas
    • Used Red Line fuel stabilizer.
    • Swapped my wheels for my Style 135 wheels with old rubber that I cared about less.
    • Inflated the tires to ~45-50 PSI. An attempt to prevent flat spots in my tires and fluctuations with ambient temperature.
    • Parked the car on wood. I did this out of necessity because the barn I was parking the car in required planks but also because it’s softer than concrete and might help with preventing tire flat spots
    • Put the battery on a battery tender.
    • Placed moth balls and dryer sheets all around the car, engine bay, and tailpipe. Some dryer sheets in the cabin as well. This was to try and prevent mice and other small creatures from taking up residence in my car
    • Placed a car cover on the car to prevent dust and bird poo from getting on the car (I parked my car in a barn).

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My imola zhp is stored this winter in a garage. I got a battery tender jr from amazon and put extra air in the tires. That was the extent of my winter prep.

Gas tank does have fresh gas in it.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Extremely helpful advice, thank you for the extensive response Curves, battery tender seems to be a go-to

There is always a little current draw from the battery with our cars so if you're not going to use a tender, you should pull the battery and store in a cool dry place. If the floor is concrete, put it on a block of wood. I don't let my car sit for more than a month or so without putting the charger on it. I do the same thing with the battery in my boat and golf cart.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Thank you Dane I was looking for the original thread but couldn’t find it, much appreciated