Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I wouldn't bother changing out the reservoir as it should be fine. It's the hoses themselves that deteriorate over time. Just clean everything up, make sure the clamps are tight, and keep an eye on it to see where it leaks from.

AutoZone etc can test your alternator in the car. They're pretty easy to remove too, but definitely test it before looking into replacement.
    Thanks!

I just ordered the alternator, the reservoir + the kidney grills. The clips have finally given out. My car is starting to show it's age. I really love this car and I am hoping to hit at least 200k, so I'm in it for the long haul. Quite a few years left in that ole car. Paying for it now is better than waiting for it to fail and leave me stranded on the side of the road. Peace of mind too.

Anyways thanks again all!
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Could the serp belt be slipping?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    200 IQ post

OP my alternator looks just like yours. ZHPizza is right about the power steering hoses. One of mine busted one day and I had power steering fluid all over the place. Drove it to my mechanic and they replaced the line and the pump (driving the car without fluid in the pump can cause it to fail prematurely). I didn't do a good enough job wiping out the power steering fluid as it leaked onto the lower heater return hose connected to my expansion tank. That recently ruptured and left me with coolant issues.

Replace hoses and you should be fine. Definitely cheaper than having to replace a pump prematurely.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGraphic View Post
    Thanks!

I just ordered the alternator, the reservoir + the kidney grills. The clips have finally given out. My car is starting to show it's age. I really love this car and I am hoping to hit at least 200k, so I'm in it for the long haul. Quite a few years left in that ole car. Paying for it now is better than waiting for it to fail and leave me stranded on the side of the road. Peace of mind too.

Anyways thanks again all!
    Good call on the new reservoir. It's worth noting as we get up in mileage that there is a non-replaceable filter in the reservoir that can get junked up over time and cause issues.

If you haven't done it yet, might want to consider an oil filter housing gasket while you're in there with the PS reservoir and alternator out.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Good call on the new reservoir. It's worth noting as we get up in mileage that there is a non-replaceable filter in the reservoir that can get junked up over time and cause issues.

If you haven't done it yet, might want to consider an oil filter housing gasket while you're in there with the PS reservoir and alternator out.
    Thanks Kayger. This will be the first time replacing the PS reservoir. Although I’ve flushed a few times, I’m sure the fluid is quite nasty. The OFHG was replaced a few years ago. Should be good.

It’ll be a busy weekend next week once my parts get here.
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Oh, and a set of hoses also on order! Much appreciated guys!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGraphic View Post
    Thanks Kayger. This will be the first time replacing the PS reservoir. Although I’ve flushed a few times, I’m sure the fluid is quite nasty. The OFHG was replaced a few years ago. Should be good.

It’ll be a busy weekend next week once my parts get here.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Going all-in and ordering a new PS pump too since the impeller has a history of shearing off similar to the water pump. Man was it an expensive weekend!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12