Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Welcome. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Thanks!

So far so good (car isn't even in my possesion yet) - got a door panel:

Name:  doorpanel.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  79.0 KB
    keith

currently looking for:
    • fantastic set of Style 68s, staggered
    • driver's side A-pillar airbag

'03 ZHP
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '96 SR5 4Runner | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B | other stuff

Be sure to check with GDMChRiZ, a sponsor here - he's in FL & is often parting out ZHPs:
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/member.php?4956-GDMChRiZ
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

OK so one step forward, two steps back - I wrapped up the paperwork a little after 10 this morning and headed to the DMV; in the meantime, the tow service crunched the rear quarter when picking up the car:

chain link fence much?

It seems this thing became unhooked while loading, rolled back off the bed and into the fence post with enough momentum to crunch the quarter panel and the frame rail in the trunk, leaving chain link fence marks on both the car and the utility pole, and while trying frantically to stop the rolling car, the tow truck driver's rivet on the left pocket of his jeans made Spirograph art on the left passenger door:

- but that never happened, says the tow truck driver - it was like that when he arrived (40 minutes after I inspected the car for the second time before signing the paperwork.)

so now I have to fix that mess while insurance companies argue (towing service owner hasn't called me back yet.)

Also, I'm also now looking for a driver's door in fantastic condition, original Jet Black paint... (bad bodywork on mine.)
    keith

currently looking for:

'03 ZHP

Dang. So sorry that happened.

Salty
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Shit that sucks, sorry man!

what color was the tow truck? the marks on the rear quarter area look either rusted or colored from what ever they hit. if its rust, it would not have rusted that quickly between when you think it happened and then you seeing the damage.

in any rate that really stinks because the damage on that rear 1/4 area is going to hurt your wallet especially up near that tail light metal area.

did you actually see it happen? did the tow truck driver confess to what happened?
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    what color was the tow truck? the marks on the rear quarter area look either rusted or colored from what ever they hit. if its rust, it would not have rusted that quickly between when you think it happened and then you seeing the damage.
    this is where the rust came from:

- hit hard enough to put fence marks in the pole itself, if you look closely. this pole was 4 feet behind the car when I inspected it 30 minutes earlier...

in any rate that really stinks because the damage on that rear 1/4 area is going to hurt your wallet especially up near that tail light metal area.
    yep. I'm probably going to be stuck fixing that metal myself. :/

did you actually see it happen? did the tow truck driver confess to what happened?
    I did not - called the tow truck driver when I signed the paperwork, went outside and did an inventory of the trunk's contents (to know if anything went missing) - should have photographed the car at that point, but I'd inspected it on two separate occasions by then - and went to the DMV. Got the call from the tow truck driver 35-40 minutes later asking me if I was aware that the car had "a broken taillight" (he was already loaded up and on the road), followed later by cellphone photos from him of the car loaded on the flatbed, showing the damage.

No way this car rolled 4 feet on flat ground (after sitting there for 3 weeks prior) and hit that pole hard enough to damage both the car and the pole like that.

- and no, the driver still maintains that he found the car in that condition, up against the fence.

Still waiting to hear from the owner of the tow company.
    keith

currently looking for:

'03 ZHP

in better news, this happened today:

slick roof, headliner, rain-sensing windshield, LCM, better trunk lid, and better driver's door skin all happened within 2 hours of stumbling across a random Craigslist post during lunch. (and it was 1/2 mile from my shop!)
    keith

currently looking for:

'03 ZHP

Nice!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast