Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eimkeith View Post
    So it sounds like I'm looking at handing over both clusters and the LCM to someone for the coding work, to have a replacement ZHP cluster for resale and to have a functioning M3 cluster to use in the car for the oil temp feature, yes?
    for sure on the clusters, yes. you should be able to handle the LCM stuff yourself if you have a laptop and the proper cable + software (it would be a good idea to have this stuff anyway for diag work and other coding stuff), but if the cluster virginizer can handle the LCM stuff, you might as well send all 3.

I'll check the LCM today; it's in the '04 parts car. - any issues with having it paired to 2 clusters?
    nope, i can't see it being an issue... since the clusters will be coded the same.... but i hope someone else chimes in here!

and I haven't reached out to TerraPhantm yet, as I'm still educating myself on what's possible and what I'm after - don't want to waste his time until I'm sorted - any idea if he still does this kind of thing for hire?
    not sure. i'm pretty sure he's in med school, so perhaps in may he'll be more available. you can search for his username here and PM him.

Is the M3 rear swap the cost-effective route to gears and LSD? - same WMS-WMS width from what I can tell..
    yep, it's the same width. to do it, you'd need the entire M3 rear end - brake to brake - and the driveshaft.

however, personally - i had a full M3 rear end sitting in my garage and i still elected to not use it. given the propensity for M3 diffs to need rebuilds around 80-100K miles, and the cost to do so, i just bought an aftermarket non-M LSD (i still dropped the entire rear end and replaced all bushings). it was way cheaper in the end; i went with an MFactory 3.46 helical LSD - i liked the operating parameters of the helical LSD over a clutch-type for my use anyway.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quick (pictureless) update: my eBay ZHP cluster is in, and looks pretty good.

Also, I've gotten front corners and taillights in amber en route from @GDMChRiZ, and @ZHPizza is going to hook me up with a ZHP steering wheel and a fancy rearview mirror!

This is coming together nicely. Thanks guys.

Anyone have any idea if I can successfully remove the trim face from the plastic base material and swap it? The piece of cube trim above my LCM has a melted backside, but is otherwise ok...
    keith

currently looking for:
    • fantastic set of Style 68s, staggered
    • driver's side A-pillar airbag

'03 ZHP
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '96 SR5 4Runner | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B | other stuff

Ahh yeah I gotta get you them parts huh

The cube part is an aluminum sheet glued to the plastic base and can be peeled off, but I'm not sure how you could do it cleanly. Maybe put it in the oven for a bit like you're separating headlights?

I can help you with LCM, Cluster stuff as well as the RLS retrofit. i have done them all.

Terra is not active. he is barely active over on the M3forums in the coding section but has been spotted over in the m5 forums sometimes.

im actually in Atlanta GA so not far from you. ive had members come to me for a lot of retrofit things and so i can handle all of those for you such as coding, retrofitting etc...

i have a thread on the RLS retrofit. its not too bad but it does require getting a new wind shield from an 04 car that has the sensor attachment point on it. I paid $240 for a new wind shield installed when i did my retrofit.

when installing any cluster.. M3, 330i or ZHP..... you wil have a tamper dot because 2 pieces of info are needed to be changed. Mileage and VIN. mileage and VIn can not be changed in the cluster via software. the only way to change cluster mileage and VIN are to virginize the cluster which means replacing the EEPROM chip on it with a blank one. once done then the cluster will sync with the LCM and get the relevant data it needs.

the best route to go is to find a cluster that has LESS miles than your car. its easy to adjust miles on a cluster to go UP but not backwards.

i have an M3 cluster for sale $100 and it has 128k miles on it so if your car has more miles, then its easy to go up on it via software.

i have S54, cluster swap etc.. pretty much everything you want to get done or talk about so ask me anything and I can help. everything i know I learned from Terra and self learning/trial error.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Love the way the Family is coming together to build this ZHP.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    amen to that, brother!

shawn - good stuff, man! love it.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Ahh yeah I gotta get you them parts huh
    No rush over here; I've still got to deal with the tow truck damage/insurance stuff at the moment. Although I'm SUPER-relieved to know I've got all the ZHP-specific stuff covered now!

The cube part is an aluminum sheet glued to the plastic base and can be peeled off, but I'm not sure how you could do it cleanly. Maybe put it in the oven for a bit like you're separating headlights?
    That's kind of where I was going with it.. Concerned about distorting the aluminum though. I suppose I'll test on the parts car first.

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    I can help you with LCM, Cluster stuff as well as the RLS retrofit. i have done them all. . . im actually in Atlanta GA so not far from you. ive had members come to me for a lot of retrofit things and so i can handle all of those for you such as coding, retrofitting etc...
    the best route to go is to find a cluster that has LESS miles than your car. its easy to adjust miles on a cluster to go UP but not backwards.

i have an M3 cluster for sale $100 and it has 128k miles on it so if your car has more miles, then its easy to go up on it via software.
    That's terrific and your help is appreciated! Assuming the M3 cluster you have is compatible with my '03, I'll certainly buy it from you. I'm guessing the parts have to actually be installed in the car to code/re-code them? If so, that sounds like I'm making the car run/drive, then driving/towing it ATL and getting this stuff done there, correct?

Another question I had is this: In my scenario, both my LCM and Cluster were destroyed by the fire - is there a way I can determine the actual and true mileage of the car at this point? How do I get the correct VIN into these components if both are being replaced?

when installing any cluster.. M3, 330i or ZHP..... you will have a tamper dot because 2 pieces of info are needed to be changed. Mileage and VIN. mileage and VIn can not be changed in the cluster via software. the only way to change cluster mileage and VIN are to virginize the cluster which means replacing the EEPROM chip on it with a blank one. once done then the cluster will sync with the LCM and get the relevant data it needs.
    So the EEPROM has to be changed to do what I want to do? Is that something you can do for me as well?

i have a thread on the RLS retrofit. its not too bad but it does require getting a new wind shield from an 04 car that has the sensor attachment point on it. I paid $240 for a new wind shield installed when i did my retrofit.
    My '04 parts car has the correct windshield/sensor - I'm going to try to liberate it (and any other relevant pieces) from it without breaking it, if possible, to transplant to the ZHP when I finish the roof swap. I'll look for your retrofit thread also.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Yeah, this corner of the internet is pretty remarkable; I certainly appreciate all the help & assistance that you guys keep throwing my way.
    keith

currently looking for:

'03 ZHP

i have S54, cluster swap etc.. pretty much everything you want to get done or talk about so ask me anything and I can help. everything i know I learned from Terra and self learning/trial error.
    Yeah, after having an E46 M3, it's hard not to want that drivetrain in the sedan; and since I'm familiar with that engine I'm looking ahead... If I hang on to this car for any length of time, I think it's going to be a foregone conclusion...

Thanks for volunteering your experience here - it's appreciated!
    keith

currently looking for:

'03 ZHP

Keep in mind that adding a supercharger and LSD would be more reliable (no need to rebuild the LSD or crank bearings every 50k miles) with about the same output. The M54 will never rev past 7k though!

Keep in mind that adding a supercharger and LSD would be more reliable (no need to rebuild the LSD or crank bearings every 50k miles) with about the same output. The M54 will never rev past 7k though!
    yeah, I'll actually need to drive the ZHP before I make a decision; my experience is limited to a short rear-end E30 325is, a 6-speed E36 M3, and the E46 M3 (and my wife's mother's 2000 323i) so I'll need more data

- although it's hard to argue with this:

keith

currently looking for:

'03 ZHP

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast