Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    I'm in Spartanburg and would love to meet some Mafia members and tour the BMW plant, it's been on my list of things to do around here for a while. Dragon sounds like fun too!

Count me in, too. I was planning to tour the museum, and they literally closed it for renovations the day before I called.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know of a place within 50 miles of Charlotte that sells refurbed BMW brake calipers? I'd like to grab one tomorrow, if possible. The driver side front caliper is sticking. I opened up the bleeder screw, and it wasn't under high pressure, so I next took off the caliper and checked the guide rods, and those looked good. I cleaned them up a little more and put those back in. So, it looks like it is the main piston that is sticking.

Thanks. I hope you all have a good weekend.

Salty
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

@SaltyNC I'd reach out to Dr Bimmer about the caliper. If he doesn't do them, then he'll at least be able to point you to someone that does. He recommended the transmission guy for me after I reached out to him.

Thanks, ZHPizza. I don't know why I didn't think about Eric. Great suggestion. I also found a place called SouthernImportParts that I assume is sort of like a junkyard, but with pre-pulled parts. They had a brake caliper from a 2005 330Ci, but I am assuming it isn't rebuilt, but just an old brake caliper.

Salty
    Bone stock at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
    Thanks, ZHPizza. I don't know why I didn't think about Eric. Great suggestion. I also found a place called SouthernImportParts that I assume is sort of like a junkyard, but with pre-pulled parts. They had a brake caliper from a 2005 330Ci, but I am assuming it isn't rebuilt, but just an old brake caliper.

Salty
    If you want to try a rebuild yourself then @704sw likely has some old rusty calipers laying around too. Hella rusty.

I thought about a rebuild, but the main reason I was looking for remanufactured is that I also plan to paint the calipers black, and I figure I might as well get one pre-cleaned. Then, I just have to clean up the existing bracket. I really appreciate your suggestions and offers of assistance. You're a good man.

Salty
    Bone stock at the moment

I decided to just park the ZHP until the remanufactured brake calipers come in, but I did call this place, and they had a front brake caliper from a 2005 330Ci, so that's pretty cool. They wanted $35 for it. They have a lot of other parts. No experience with the company other than speaking to them on the phone, but posting it here as a possible resource for "junk yard" parts.

http://southernimportparts.com/

Salty
    Bone stock at the moment

Hey all, I thought I'd join in. I'm in the Queen City. Charlotte native actually. Longtime member of the mafia but I don't get on here much because, well I had kids and there went my forum browsing time . I enjoy seeing other ZHP's around town although my wife gets tired of me pointing them out.

Anybody have a mechanic they trust and recommend? I've never really had to put this car in the shop but I might have one or two things I'd rather pay someone else to do.
    ~Will
    2004 Imola Red 330i
    6MT, Black Leather, Silver Cube, Cold Weather pkg, mostly Stock

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    Hey all, I thought I'd join in. I'm in the Queen City. Charlotte native actually. Longtime member of the mafia but I don't get on here much because, well I had kids and there went my forum browsing time . I enjoy seeing other ZHP's around town although my wife gets tired of me pointing them out.

Anybody have a mechanic they trust and recommend? I've never really had to put this car in the shop but I might have one or two things I'd rather pay someone else to do.
    Oh hey dude. More red cars running around town. Good. We look stupid.

The only mechanic that I can recommend is Arthur at Transart. Great dude that really knows these cars and barely charges enough to stay in business. I'm guessing his rent isn't much in that area.

Imola sedan? Any chance you’re in south Charlotte? I see the same sedan heading down Ballantyne Commons 2-3 afternoons each week.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast