Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    - Did you mean wiper puller? If so, plz gimme. I have a wiper arm that is not responding to threats.

- Spenser is also an amateur detailer and will probably want to borrow your electric impact for some bolts on his rust bucket.

- I definitely want to see this fatass dog fall over while it's talkin at me.

- I've also heard good things about Eric and he recommended the amazing transmission dude that I worked on my wagon.

- Has the steering wheel been removed for any reason? It's pretty easy to reinstall it off a tooth and have it misaligned.
    I did mean wiper puller. Crank it down and they pop right off. You're welcome to borrow it. Just let me know when you need it, and how you want to arrange for the drop.

The impact wrench I bought is Harbor Freight, so not sure how good it will be. I haven't used it, yet. It's for my upcoming %^& bearing job to remove subframe bolts/nuts.

Ooow, thanks for the link for the transmission guy. That's really good to know, since my son's ZHP has an auto.

The steering wheel was replaced, supposedly by the dealer. I spoke to the original owner that was a member here, and he said the alcantara looked like a snot rag, so he had the dealer swap it with leather, which is fine by me. Hard to imagine a dealer getting it that crooked and the client being OK with it, but I guess it could happen. I was going to get it on my ramps and count threads on the tie rods to see if it is close on both sides. I think there may be a little holding back of the full story on this car. It's in pretty good shape, but the owner claimed someone clipped his passenger side mirror while parked. Possible, but... And then I noticed that same side, along the passenger side skirt, the bottom is scraped.It isn't visible at all, but it's rough on the bottom. And I have mushrooming on only the passenger side strut tower. I think the guy jumped a curb, and didn't want to admit it. Maybe I'm wrong. I also have a swishing sound I'm trying to diagnose. It may be the auto climate control fan, but could be something with the front passenger side wheel. Yeah, that side again. Hmmm. And the guy never met a curb he didn't like. ha!

Salty
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Tool wise I doubt there’s anything I have which hasn’t already been listed, although I don’t remember seeing anyone list a ball joint separator. I have a Porter Cable DA polisher, a shitload of different pads/product, and more importantly I happen to really enjoy detailing.

Unlike most people, I’m quite comfortable working with (read: messing around with) adaptive lights. I did cutoff shield modding and clear lens swapping on my X3, which admittedly is a little more complex than the E46 from a greater pivot axis. So if anyone wants to venture down that road, I’m happy to help. I’ll be swapping in TRS ZKW-R clear lenses into my coupe in the coming 4-6 weeks, assuming time permits.

One thing to note: after much bitching, moaning, and ass-dragging, I’m actively pursuing a very specific employer, which would put me back in Greensboro. With that said, I’d probably be back in Charlotte at least one weekend each month after (when, not if) I move.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Tool wise I doubt there’s anything I have which hasn’t already been listed, although I don’t remember seeing anyone list a ball joint separator. I have a Porter Cable DA polisher, a shitload of different pads/product, and more importantly I happen to really enjoy detailing.

Unlike most people, I’m quite comfortable working with (read: messing around with) adaptive lights. I did cutoff shield modding and clear lens swapping on my X3, which admittedly is a little more complex than the E46 from a greater pivot axis. So if anyone wants to venture down that road, I’m happy to help. I’ll be swapping in TRS ZKW-R clear lenses into my coupe in the coming 4-6 weeks, assuming time permits.

One thing to note: after much bitching, moaning, and ass-dragging, I’m actively pursuing a very specific employer, which would put me back in Greensboro. With that said, I’d probably be back in Charlotte at least one weekend each month after (when, not if) I move.
    1. How?
    2. I really need you on the West Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    1. How?
    How h’wut?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    2. I really need you on the West Coast.
    I’d like to see what all the hype’s about, but them wildfires are kind of a bummer. I’ve been thinking about checking out Yosemite this year or next.

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Maybe you can show me how to use my buffer on my car when you come down?...It's still in the box from like, 3 Christmases ago
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by tomnobes View Post
    I'll definitely be interested. Thanks! May I ask how you figured out the issue was the Ews and not the starter?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    PM sent. I had my car towed to my Indy when the problem was showing.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Sockethead, I ran across this guy years ago, and have really enjoyed his videos. He's funny and entertaining, and gives some good advice about detailing with a polisher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7A5BCCb7Gg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP-eAddv2sk

Salty
    Bone stock at the moment

Ok Thanks! I'll check them out when I get home from work tonight.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I learned a fair bit from Larry Kosilla (AmmoNYC) and these guys. Definitely good videos to watch.

Our yard is so shady, we still had snow, today, but it felt great in the sunshine. Our driveway didn't survive the snow, and turned into a muddy mess. Will work for gravel.

I knocked the heavy grime off the ZHP, left the MINI dirty, and got my roadster cleaned up nicely except for dirty tires on the way out of the sloppy driveway. After this cold snap we've had, 68 in the sun felt like summer, so we rode around with the top down. Woohoo! We've missed it. Yeah, I know, should have bought a white ZHP to get the ol' red, white, and blue.

I hope my NC friends were able to enjoy the beautiful day, today.

Name:  GermanFamily - 1.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  147.2 KB

Salty
    Bone stock at the moment

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast