Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bimmerworld ATE brake kit review

I just installed this kit at 238,880 miles. It was a budget kit and wanted to give it a try. This kit is replacing the BMW performance rotors and Akebono pads. Job time was 5 hours start to finish.

The kit was $279.99, shipped and included the following:

Qty (2) - Front Brake Discs for '01-'05 BMW E46 330 (and '06 two door)
    Qty (2) - Rear Brake Discs for*'01-'05 BMW E46 330 (and '06 two door)
    Qty (1) - Front StopTech STREET Brake Pads for*'01-'05 BMW E46 330 (and '06 two door)
    Qty (1) - Rear StopTech STREET Brake Pads for*'01-'05 BMW E46 330 (and '06 two door)
    Qty (4) - Rotor Retaining Screws / Rotor Hold-down Bolts
    Qty (4) - brake pad anti rattle spring clips
    Qty (1) - Brake Pad Sensor Wire (Front) - Uro
    Qty (1) - Brake Pad Sensor Wire (Rear) - Uro
    Qty (8) - Caliper guide pin dust caps - Uro
    Qty (8) - Caliper guide pin boots - Uro

http://www.bimmerworld.com/Ate-Premi...2001-2006.html

Took the car out for a quick bed in and they felt really good. I'll update this thread with my impressions after some time.

Looks good behind the CK's

I'm going to go ahead and say it was time for some brake maintenance.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

That was such a great deal. I stared at it in my cart after you posted it, but ultimately had too many other expenses and had to let it slide. That's a lot of kit for $280. They do look really nice behind your BBS wheels. I hope they perform great for you.

Salty
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
    That was such a great deal. I stared at it in my cart after you posted it, but ultimately had too many other expenses and had to let it slide. That's a lot of kit for $280. They do look really nice behind your BBS wheels. I hope they perform great for you.

Salty
    Agree. The kit is still listed at the sale price.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thinking about pulling the plug on this kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Agree. The kit is still listed at the sale price.
    Now I have to torture myself all over again.

Dane, are they completely silent? No squeals?

Thanks!

Salty
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

So far. Zero noise. Zero rattle. I'll put about 50 miles on the kit tomorrow.

I had the Ate PremiumOne rotors on the E28 for years without any issues. I thought they had been discontinued, so perhaps the sale price is to blow out old stock. Now the rotor is called Ate PowerDisc.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Thanks for this- what a price! I'm glad there is some kind of channel on the rotors- I've been having wet weather stopping problems with the stock rotors and it's no fun.

ON EDIT:
    Bought a set! Thanks again...
    Last edited by Dual; 01-22-2018 at 09:01 AM.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Thanks for this- what a price! I'm glad there is some kind of channel on the rotors- I've been having wet weather stopping problems with the stock rotors and it's no fun.

ON EDIT:
    Bought a set! Thanks again...

Very nice Dane, thanks for the review.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast