Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Wading through AT Fluid is hazardous to your health

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    Use these in the AT and in the diff. You can thank me later.
    Attachment 31861Attachment 31862
    I’ve been reading up on this subject as the OP did and have come to the conclusion of using redline fluid. Then I saw this post with Valvoline atf as a recommendation. I did read somewhere else that it has some additives that are beneficial? Does anyone have more info on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Redline FTW.
    Which product? I used their D4 ATF in the 5-speed 2002 325xi tranny.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by d-rod View Post
    I’ve been reading up on this subject as the OP did and have come to the conclusion of using redline fluid. Then I saw this post with Valvoline atf as a recommendation. I did read somewhere else that it has some additives that are beneficial? Does anyone have more info on this?
    I don't know about additives but I can tell you from experience that of the fluids I have tried Valvoline Import Multi-Vehicle. Works the best. I believe it's because it hits viscosity sweet spot that the GM transmission loves.

I have not tried Redline D4 fluid because a prominent forum member reported a slipping issue with it. Below are the fluids I have tried and their results.

Valvoline Maxlife - Morning slipping
    Valvoline Dexron VI - Morning slipping
    Mobil 1 ATF - worked well but cost more, had to order in.
    Pentosin ATF1 - worked OK but less MPG, highest viscosity made for a higher traction feel through the transmission.
    Valvoline Import Multi-Vehicle - Feels like Mobil1 ATF but costs less. Slightly better MPG than M1 and easier to obtain

Wading through AT Fluid is hazardous to your health

I don't know about additives but I can tell you from experience that of the fluids I have tried Valvoline Import Multi-Vehicle. Works the best. I believe it's because it hits viscosity sweet spot that the GM transmission loves.

I have not tried Redline D4 fluid because a prominent forum member reported a slipping issue with it. Below are the fluids I have tried and their results.

Valvoline Maxlife - Morning slipping
    Valvoline Dexron VI - Morning slipping
    Mobil 1 ATF - worked well but cost more, had to order in.
    Pentosin ATF1 - worked OK but less MPG, highest viscosity made for a higher traction feel through the transmission.
    Valvoline Import Multi-Vehicle - Feels like Mobil1 ATF but costs less. Slightly better MPG than M1 and easier to obtain

I’m waiting on my filter kit to arrive from FCPeuro, but haven’t decided on which fluid to try. I like that this Valvoline fluid is readily available and cheap as I plan to do multiple drain and refills.

Dave, how long has it been since you put this fluid in your trans? And any issues afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by d-rod View Post
    I’m waiting on my filter kit to arrive from FCPeuro, but haven’t decided on which fluid to try. I like that this Valvoline fluid is readily available and cheap as I plan to do multiple drain and refills.

Dave, how long has it been since you put this fluid in your trans? And any issues afterwards?
    I've been running Valvoline IMV atf for about 16 months. No issues at all. Runs smooth, shifts perfectly and good MPG. I'm averaging 25 mpg on 50/50 driving.

Autozone.com
    I've been running Valvoline IMV atf for about 16 months. No issues at all. Runs smooth, shifts perfectly and good MPG. I'm averaging 25 mpg on 50/50 driving.
    Awesome, this sounds great.

Has anyone else used this fluid in their trans ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123