Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Mishka - 05 AW Thread

Hi Mafia. In late December 2016 I change my daily driver and would like to start a new project thread.
    A quick story how I ended up with the second ZHP. Between 2014 and beginning of 2017 my daily car was Celica GT. It was purchased new by my wife back in 2003. Being a New England car for the 14 years car was very rusty. The body was fine as well as the engine and transmission, but removing every single nut and bolt was a challenge, where every half an hour job was turning to few hours because of the rusty components. Plus, car had 207k on the clock so a decision of getting slightly bigger and better car was made.
    Initially, we decided to buy 2010-2012 honda civic. I had a 120 miles daily commute and buying something cheap and reliable made a very good sense. I drove several civics and almost bought one, buy something was off. That something was good handling, excellent build quality, good driving dynamic and simply enjoyment behind the wheel. Cars that I drove were so boring, slow with rattle from every single panel. So I decided to get another BMW, despite my commute and larger expense in terms of the maintenance.
    I looked at two locally listed 325xi e46, but they were in bad condition. And then, price on a listed zhp on our forum had dropped, which was close to my budget. Deal was made and right after the Christmas I took a train NJ.
    Here she is - sleeping the first night at new home.
    Vehicle had a pretty extensive maintenance and was in a very good condition. Interior and exterior are great too. There is only one spot that needs to be cover with a touch up
    Details of the car:
    It's 05 in alpine white, auto box with almost every option except the lumbar support. Mileage during the purchase - 118k.
    Since the purchase time, following maintenance items were made:
    1/2/17 -118,597- Driver side air bag recall
    1/2/17 - 118,615 - licence plate bulbs, windshield fluid pump, BG fuel additive
    1/22/17 - 118,729 - both front window regulators
    3/19/17 - 121,057 - V1 hardwired and Homelink retrofit
    3/24/17 - 121,680 - FCAB, end links, diff and brake fluids flush
    4/1/17 - 122,198 - oil change with 0w40 Castrol
    4/9/17 - 123,086 - transmission fluid and filter changed
    4/17/17- 123,435 - alignment
    6/27/17 - 129,178 - oil changed with 0w40 Castrol
    7/14/17 - 132,390 - ceramic film windows tint
    8/9/17- 133,640 - spark plugs, transmission oil top off and front right wheel speed sensor
    9/30/17 - 136,676 - oil changed with Mobil 0w40 and oil sensor; bimmian phone dash mount bracket installed. Blackstone oil report - perfect results, engine is healthy.
    11/15/17 - 137,132 - CCV, OFHG, M3 engine mounts, Vanos oil line, tension and idler pulleys.
    12/11/17 - 137,480 - ZHP silver cube trim installed.
    Future plans. This car is my working horse, so my goal is to keep it running at lowest possible cost without safety and reliability sacrifice. No cheap aftermarket parts will be used. Car will be staying in the stock form.
    There are no projects planned for the winter besides leather seats restoration with Leatherique Kit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Great pick up. I have a leatherique kit still in the wrapping. I'm waiting for warmer weather so that I can apply it and leave it baking in the sun. Id love to see before and after pics.

Nice! I cannot get enough of Alpine White.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Nice! I cannot get enough of Alpine White.
    This

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    Great pick up. I have a leatherique kit still in the wrapping. I'm waiting for warmer weather so that I can apply it and leave it baking in the sun. Id love to see before and after pics.
    I am definetly going to make before and after pictures.
    I found out for thus kit by Googling the leather treatment products. I've seen such a great results for black e36 m3 seats. I don't remember where I found that, but end results were simply stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    I am definetly going to make before and after pictures.
    I found out for thus kit by Googling the leather treatment products. I've seen such a great results for black e36 m3 seats. I don't remember where I found that, but end results were simply stunning.

Yes if done right leatherique makes your interior look brand new. I saw a YouTube video they posted using an Audi seat where they let the pristine clean sit for a couple of days and the results were incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    Yes if done right leatherique makes your interior look brand new. I saw a YouTube video they posted using an Audi seat where they let the pristine clean sit for a couple of days and the results were incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only problem is that it doesn't do anything for cardboard hard leather. It cleans very well but that's pretty much it. Best to use to maintain like-new leather.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks guys! White sedan is definitely cool. I am getting complements quite often on how good is my car looking. I am not getting any complements on my Imola however.

02/04/18 - 138,187.
    Replace all power steering hoses and reservoir. I went with Rein hoses this time because they were much much cheaper than OEM. Plus, I got them from FCP of course.
    Also, replaced my cracked dead pedal. It's been cracked for at least month and I was lazy to get one of jank yard. I have no idea how it was cracked.

great looking sedan, happy to finally hear about it after you posted pics last summer, i think.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast