Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Looking forward to updates.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Looking forward to updates.
    Thanks Vas. I think I will start in mid December. I have some other things going on right now.
    Black carpet was purchased from Botond 1 month ago.
    I should have all the parts by Sunday and then just find time to do it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

11/6/19
    Install Stop Tech Street rear pads.
    Install winter wheels.
    Mileage - 157,726.

Next on the list:
    Oil change
    Fuel filter
    Alarm install

Probably will do that over the weekend.

Updates time.
    11/11/19
    Installed Mahle KL149 fuel filter. Filternwas certainly purchased from FCP. FIlter was replaced at some point before my ownership and cheap hose clamps were used and they rusted quite badly. So, I installed new fuel line clamps that connect filter.
    Also, oil was change with Rotella 5W-40. Oil was sent to Blackstone and report came out great.

Mileage - 158,324

Today, I finally started my interior swap. All 4 door cards from Alcantara interior were installed. They were pretty dirty and it took me a good amount of time and elbow grease to clean them.
    Over the weekend I cleaned all fabric and alcantara on all seats. I will have to clean front seats rails before seats will go to the car and definitely will do another round for alcantara cleaning. I followed Larry Kosilla technique for alcantara cleaning. I forgot to take pictures of the seats, but will definitely do that before the install.

I am planning to start leather seats and carpet removal this coming weekend and will be posting my progress.

Looking good so far. I'll wait to see the alcantara seats pics.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Thanks Fredo. Hopefully, I will have some more updates with pictures this weekend.

Today I finally started to pull my grey interior out.
    Work that was done so far:

Removed seats
    Removed central console and all plastic items
    Removed glovebox
    Removed armrest
    Removed rear section of the carpet
    Removed airbag on the passenger side

Surprisingly, I am seriously stuck with the steering wheel. Spring on the left side of wheel that needs to pushed in order to release airbag is stuck. I removed steering wheel multiple times in the past and very familiar with the process. I will continue to work on it tomorrow. Steering wheel significantly slowed me down as I was planning to remove everything today and start black dash, carpet and seats install tomorrow.
    Well, battle will be resumed tomorrow. I have to remove steering wheel and all plastic around the column, pull out dash board and pull ot front section of the carpet. The goal for tomorrow is to install black dash and carpets and as much trim is possible. Let's hope I am not going to fight with the steering wheel for a long time.

I have a few pictures, but it's very dark in my garage, especially with on going construction.

I forgot to mention that I also retrofitted OEM alarm today. Name:  20200104_144325.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  71.9 KBName:  20200103_181322.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  63.5 KBName:  20200104_144117.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  61.1 KB

When I've had the same issue removing the steering wheel, i usually re-seat the airbag and start with the side that was giving me issues.

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

Quote Originally Posted by PdZHP View Post
    When I've had the same issue removing the steering wheel, i usually re-seat the airbag and start with the side that was giving me issues.
    Thank you for the note. I tried that and had no luck so far, but will continue with this approach for sure. Right side spring has no problems.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast