Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I think I have two or three left that need to be repaired (plastic connectors got damaged in shipping). I've had all the parts for years, just not the time. Maybe @Galapolis has time to do the repairs and sell them?
    Possibly, as long as we can set something up fairly soon. Future past mid June is uncertain at the moment...
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Didn't pick up a PizzaTB?
    I forgot about Pizza man hack.....well I have Dinan already, but I have 2nd ZHP car.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I think I have two or three left that need to be repaired (plastic connectors got damaged in shipping). I've had all the parts for years, just not the time. Maybe @Galapolis has time to do the repairs and sell them?
    Hey neighbor! I am with you about the time....I barely finding time to do some work on my cars. Ask me, if I installed Z4 finned diff cover that I bought from you 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I think Rob got the DINAN TB and Software III flash and told me that there was not much of a noticeable difference from the OE TB and stock tune. I think it is a combination of having the DINAN intake, TB, exhaust and tune that you will see a difference but for the amount of HP gain you will see it won't be worth the amount of money you end up spending when you can get other solutions that will get you more horsepower for much less. Still, having a full DINAN setup is still pretty cool and to have the DINAN badge on the car is still a nice statement in my opinion. I like seeing these updates Sergy!
    Thanks Charlie. My updates are super slow here, but work on cars is going. You are right about money/hp ratio. Buying new parts doesn't make sense. Probably used one as well. Since my car had some Dinan parts already, I was able to buy TB and intake for reasonable money, I decided to go with it. Unfortunately, I would not be able to officially have Dinan car. The only official new purchase from Dinan will be software III.

While working on installing TB, I noticed that my power steering lines stated to leak a bit. They were replaced with same Rein brand and ZF reservoir. They lasted 5 years and 50k miles.
    I also noticed that my vacuum hose that connects direct to brake booster is collapsed in one area and developed a flat spot. OEM hose is on the way from FCP and will be replaced.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Looks like I never finished a write up about my early winter projects.
    Well, here it is:
    - complete cooling system overhaul l minus plastic pipes under manifold. I have to go back and do it sometime in 2024.

- complete power steering system overhaul minus the pump.

- DISA valve rebuild

- Dinan parts install: throttle body and intake. I still have to do a software flush, so I can hopefully see any difference.

- restoration of Dinan front strut bar. Mounting plates were powder coated.

- screws and t-nuts for bottom splash guard were replaced with new parts. I hate to see rust on my car and slowly replacing all the parts as I do maintenance or repairs.

- all 4 jack pads were replaced with new one.

- lastly, retrofitted M3 cluster. I just did it for looks. It looks much cleaner and having temperature gauge is cool. I still need to do the wiring for warm-up lights to be functional. LED for the rear doors were added.

Well done, sir. I like that list.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Well done, sir. I like that list.
    Thanks Fredo!
    I just noticed that all the pictures are rotated. Weird. They looks fine on my phone before the upload. I am going to fix it.

Make sure to get the Dinan software as well, I think you need stage 3 with the TB. Pretty cheap these days (I paid $290 total to get mine) and it provides a nice boost to throttle response.

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Make sure to get the Dinan software as well, I think you need stage 3 with the TB. Pretty cheap these days (I paid $290 total to get mine) and it provides a nice boost to throttle response.
    Thanks. That is my plan to get stage III. I was surprised how difficult it was to find a shop in Charlotte area that can do. I call 5 BMW specialized places and one dealership. All of them said that they cannot do it. I called Dinan and asked what can I do. After some emails back and forth, they said one place can do it. I just need to make an appointment with them.

I am glad to hear that you noticed the difference. Do you have intake and TB as well?

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Thanks. That is my plan to get stage III. I was surprised how difficult it was to find a shop in Charlotte area that can do. I call 5 BMW specialized places and one dealership. All of them said that they cannot do it. I called Dinan and asked what can I do. After some emails back and forth, they said one place can do it. I just need to make an appointment with them.

I am glad to hear that you noticed the difference. Do you have intake and TB as well?

I have the Dinan intake and Pizza's Garage TB, which should be the same or similar diameter as Dinan.

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I have the Dinan intake and Pizza's Garage TB, which should be the same or similar diameter as Dinan.
    Cool!
    I will post my impressions once software is installed.
    I am planning to do it within month or so.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast