Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Headlight Washers Not Functional... Advice?

I noticed there's no spray coming off the headlights when I hit the windshield washer, which I assume is a malfunction.

Is the function electrical or pressure-activated?

Any advice for things to check? Bad hose? Stuck nozzles?

TIA

Don't fogs need to be on as well?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Headlight washers only activate when the headlights are on and you are activating the washer system by lever the first time after the car is started.

example...

start car---> turn headlights on--->pull back on windshield washer stalk----> headlight washers should activate and spray 3 times. they will not activate again until you turn the ignition off and back on.

if you do the above process and you HEAR the main loud pump for the headlight washers but nothing is coming out then you most likely have a bad pump or a leak somewhere. it is purely pressure from the pump that forces them to pup out.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

I had no idea...

So you can't activate them while driving? It has to be right after startup? That's useless. The times when they need to be washed are usually after driving for a while where road grime/salt/crap accumulates. When I start it up in my garage, they are clean!

Ok. Will check that... I don't think I've ever hit the windshield washer right after startup.

Thanks.

I thought they will activate as long as the headlights are on and pull the windshield washer stalk 3 times

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

I will add to the potential misinformation and thought that the headlight washers only deploy on every 5th wiper stalk pull.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I will add to the potential misinformation and thought that the headlight washers only deploy on every 5th wiper stalk pull.
    An ‘E46 friend’ of mine said the same thing; every fifth pull.

I tried all variations of the above and saw no headlight wash action, so I need to dig into it a bit more. And after seeing that new pumps are $91 I think I’m going to procrastinate a bit on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    This is correct. At least this is what mine did before I disabled the system with malice.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    An ‘E46 friend’ of mine said the same thing; every fifth pull.

I tried all variations of the above and saw no headlight wash action, so I need to dig into it a bit more. And after seeing that new pumps are $91 I think I’m going to procrastinate a bit on this one.
    $91!?!? was that from the dealership? I just bought one from FCP Euro for $16 + new filter for $10. It was Febi brand, an OEM supplier

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

$91 was from Bav auto; OEM BMW pump. There are definitely alternative options... I just don’t know which would be of comparable quality.
    Last edited by cornercarver; 02-11-2018 at 05:27 AM.