Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'd be interested in hearing stories from people who've utilized FCP Euro's return policy. I'm a little skeptical, but I haven't had occasion to try.

I am planning on returning fluids as well. Oil, brake fluid. Can't wait to try it out

I been using the return policy and it has been pretty smooth. Shipping items back via UPS Ground has not been expensive either since it is a 2 day transit zone.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    I'd be interested in hearing stories from people who've utilized FCP Euro's return policy. I'm a little skeptical, but I haven't had occasion to try.
    I've used it. They shipped me a radiator, except it was in a box that was way too big, and used two small pieces of packing paper to pack it. Go figure it showed up with bent fins and the plastic brackets that help mount the radiator broken. I also ordered valve cover beauty tabs, the small circle caps that sit on your valve cover that usually end up breaking a tab or two whenever you remove them. They packed them by throwing them in the same box as the radiator without a bag. Just loose inside the box rattling around. So of course most of the tabs on them were already broken when I got them.

I had the parts shipped to me Tuesday evening, ready to fix my radiator by the weekend. Emailed customer service that night explaining that I had received damaged items. FCP emailed me back the next morning, apologized and asked me to provide photos. I emailed photos to them and explained that I also ordered an extra manual radiator drain plug which I didn't need and wanted to return (this was my fault.) I also asked if I would have the shipping cost refunded since I paid an extra $10 to have the parts shipped to me in time for the weekend. I did not get a response back that day (Wednesday).

I got a response on Thursday, from another FCP employee saying the previous person handling my claim had fallen ill and now this guy was going to take care of everything. He said he would contact me by the end of the day to figure out how to move forward. I thanked him and waited. No reply that day.

I got an email back on Friday around 11:20am saying my order had been reshipped. I wasn't given a tracking number, or any indication of when my order would arrive. So I emailed back within a few minutes asking for some clarification. I didn't get a response back until 10pm that Friday night saying they didn't have a tracking number but orders are usually expedited. As soon as they have a tracking number they will send it to me.

So I don't get many days off. I work a lot. In particular, I work every weekend. So me taking time off on a weekend is like pulling teeth. It usually involves me asking my boss for a favor and getting a guilt trip. So not having the parts in time and trying to plan this repair around when the parts will get here (Still don't know at this point if they will show up on Saturday or not) is stressful. Not to mention, this coming weekend is supposed to be nice weather (and it was, like 60 degrees Saturday + Sunday)

Parts show up Monday evening. My weekend is shot and I never got a tracking number or any update from FCP (I wasn't expecting it at this point anyway)

Take one look at the package and there is a big hole in the box right where the radiator lower hose connects. My heart sank.

Thankfully it didn't seem to have any issues besides the hole in the box (thank you baby Jesus) but now I have to follow up with them about getting my drain plug returned and what to do with this other radiator, because they didn't follow up with me.

I emailed them the next day (Tuesday) and asked what the deal was with the drain plug and radiator. They emailed me a prepaid packing label and asked me to ship everything back to them. So that's fine, I'll pack this radiator back into the same busted box with the broken valve beauty tabs and go out of my way to drive into the city to mail your shit back.

Two days later I was refunded and that was the end of it.

So all in all I went from ordering parts to work on my car on a nice weekend. To getting parts later than I wanted, stressing out about not knowing when I could schedule time to work on my car, and traded a nice warm 60 degree weekend for a windy cold below freezing day to work on my car. Oh and another half gallon of coolant I needed to hold me over until the parts got there.

Here's the FCP Euro experience in a nutshell

2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    I been using the return policy and it has been pretty smooth. Shipping items back via UPS Ground has not been expensive either since it is a 2 day transit zone.
    Have you returned used oil using ups as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Have you returned used oil using ups as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I have. Bought an oil change kit, ran it for 7500, bought another one and did the oil change. Sent back the original kit and fcpeuro gave a refund.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123