Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    You can use any bulb you want; reverse light bulbs are not monitored by CANBUS on the E46 platform. The same goes for the fog lights.
    Good to know. Thanks

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Well. Dangit. I ordered them to be here Saturday. I can compare them to what I currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Well. Dangit. I ordered them to be here Saturday. I can compare them to what I currently have.
    Compare and let us know. I'm interested
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

haha thanks, look forward to your comparision! I would have jumped on it but I don't have my car currently. Mechanic chasing a vacuum leak...for the past 2 weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    I would have jumped on it but I don't have my car currently. Mechanic chasing a vacuum leak...for the past 2 weeks...
    No smoke machine?!?
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    No smoke machine?!?
    well I should clarify that he's working on the car from his house but no. He hasn't smoked it yet...and now the car wont run when I gave it to him running

I swapped one of the bulbs in a few weeks ago and finally remembered to check the output at night. It puts out bright, clean, white light...but is no match for the bulbs that I already had.

The color on these isn't quite as white, but the output is significantly higher in all directions, especially down towards the ground. These are the ones you want:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017EI8X54/

Good to know, thanks! You mentioned light output is much higher with your recommended bulbs, but is your rear visibility increased when reversing at night? Seems like many LED bulbs output a lot of light but it ends up being wasted.

I swapped one of the bulbs in a few weeks ago and finally remembered to check the output at night. It puts out bright, clean, white light...but is no match for the bulbs that I already had.

The color on these isn't quite as white, but the output is significantly higher in all directions, especially down towards the ground. These are the ones you want:

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Good to know, thanks! You mentioned light output is much higher with your recommended bulbs, but is your rear visibility increased when reversing at night? Seems like many LED bulbs output a lot of light but it ends up being wasted.
    Yeah, that's definitely an issue with LEDs. The light tends to wash out contrast and actually make it more difficult to see driveway edges and such. I really can't give you an accurate answer since (1) I live in the city and never reverse down a dark driveway and (2) I have cheat codes [backup camera].

I have similar ones (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1), which I think you actually recommended, and they're definitely an improvement over the factory incandescent bulbs. Sadly, no longer in stock.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast