Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Control Arm Bushing Stiffening Rubber Ring Separation / Repair

Ok the drama continues with this whole process.

The guys who took 3 months to do my engine swap also did the control arm bushings.

Now my new mech says the stiffening ring in them have come loose so I will be getting a little more play than I should when driving, and asked if there were a warranty on this. Ya thats what you want to hear on a part that was replaced, supposedly band new, just 5 months ago.

So I attached the invoice those aholes charged me first, and then the pictures my new mech took for me to show me the problem.

Unless he is mistaken, I assume this is something the old shop should tow and fix no charge, correct?

Also, why would this happen? I am just curious as too how much exactly these guys have screwed me on other parts and the process overall. Everything I have seen and experienced so far feels like they absolutely treated my car like dirt, worse than dirt, and even though I want nothing more than to get away from these guys, I just cant... they keep sucking me back in.

Name:  Bushing problem - 01.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  174.0 KB

Name:  Bushing problem - 02.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  143.8 KB

Name:  Control Arm Bushings Repair Invoice.JPG
Views: 217
Size:  468.6 KB

https://ibb.co/nbq8yH
    https://ibb.co/fm7oyH
    https://ibb.co/iWQK5x
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

weird. what brand are the bushings?

the fact that both bushings did the same thing, tells me they either a) used junk product, or b) either installed them too far onto the control arm, or not far enough on; the bushing would have to be trying to twist perpendicular to the control arm in order for that to come off (i'm hypothesizing here).

i've never seen that before.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    weird. what brand are the bushings?

the fact that both bushings did the same thing, tells me they either a) used junk product, or b) either installed them too far onto the control arm, or not far enough on; the bushing would have to be trying to twist perpendicular to the control arm in order for that to come off (i'm hypothesizing here).

i've never seen that before.
    That invoice is all the info I have on that... Unless you think the brand is labeled on it somewhere I can see it....

I wouldn't be surprised if it were junk... The new guy said lot of the work done was with junk parts, not meaning used but cheaper parts. Great huh... How do you argue about that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    That invoice is all the info I have on that... Unless you think the brand is labeled on it somewhere I can see it....

I wouldn't be surprised if it were junk... The new guy said lot of the work done was with junk parts, not meaning used but cheaper parts. Great huh... How do you argue about that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    well, i would definitely go in and argue. for that price they should be OEM BMW.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport