Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Driver's mirror misbehaves when unlocking car

Kinda odd the past couple days: I have a '06 coupe with all the packages- mirror is readjusting itself when I hit the unlock button on my remote key. The result is a misadjusted mirror.

Ideas?? Many thanks...
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Driver's mirror misbehaves when unlocking car

You can program the keys so they adjust the mirrors, seats etc. when the key unlocks the door. I think the procedure is to adjust everything and hit the memory button on the seat. Can't remember for sure
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    You can program the keys so they adjust the mirrors, seats etc. when the key unlocks the door. I think the procedure is to adjust everything and hit the memory button on the seat. Can't remember for sure
    This. Turn the ignition on, adjust mirrors, press the M button on your seat and program it to a number. This way it'll retain those settings when you use that key.

If you have another key, you may have to do it for that key as well, as these settings are key independent.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Apologies for the late response here!

I didn't know things were tied to the key- I have two and I'll have to check that.
    I'm familiar with how to use the seat/mirror position memory- what struck me as odd was that, having recently made an adjustment to Position 2, the mirror would then swing around to a bad position when the keyfob was depressed. Interestingly, this has now stopped.

ON EDIT: nope, it's still happening.
    Last edited by Dual; 03-01-2018 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Apologies for the late response here!

I didn't know things were tied to the key- I have two and I'll have to check that.
    I'm familiar with how to use the seat/mirror position memory- what struck me as odd was that, having recently made an adjustment to Position 2, the mirror would then swing around to a bad position when the keyfob was depressed. Interestingly, this has now stopped.

ON EDIT: nope, it's still happening.
    I'm pretty sure that's a defective motor. I've had that problem a long time ago, then I replaced the motor... then had to replace it again for something else, and now the motor I have now is doing the same thing as one of the previous ones.

Just not sure which one it is, driver or passenger. The driver's side motor controls functions that affect both mirrors.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

If you have programming software, you should be able to turn off the key memory feature to see if that's the problem.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Thanks, folks. I will be investigating.

for what its worth i can never get Key memory to work properly either. i have tried using 1 key, putting it in ignition and turning to ignition II, then setting my mirrors, seat position etc.. then hitting M button and then 1 to store it. seats always store but mirrors always seem to have a mind of their own. sometimes they go to where they are supposed to go and other times they all go to some weird unknown configuration. its hit or miss for me.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed