Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Full repaint - Orient Blue... should I go Carbon Black?

I have an Orient Blue 6mt Sedan going in for a full respray this spring. It doesn’t have any rust or body damage, just normal wear and tear and a faded roof. I hear Orient is somewhat rare, but carbon black is only a tiny shade off of Orient Blue. In my situation would you preserve the value by an OEM quality blue respray.. or go Carbon Black to go with an exclusive M color to the “4 door m3”? It would be the first as I know.. and have a bit of a cool factor.. but I typically prefer restore over mod. It is going to a shop 5 hours away that does very impressive work with pearl and metallic paint jobs so carbon black would be very easy for them. They can also add pearl or flake, but I think I want to go with a 100% oem color. (Though.. the carbon black could be tweaked slightly to best fit the contours of this car if necessary using a little more blue or black pearl, etc)

The vehicle does have a past rebuilt title, if that matters. It does make me slightly more willing to take a chance on colors etc. (it’s not a show car.. but a 91,000 mile driver with lots of life left). Just happy to get back into a ZHP after not having one for 5 years. For a while there I always had at least one

I was leaning toward keeping it with the factory color until I read about the title. I supposed and value you would have lost was in the title. Going CB could actually make it pretty desirable if it ever and time to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an Orient Blue owner, I'd say preserve the Orient Blue. Black ZHPs are pretty common. Then again, do what brings you the most happiness. Having a rebuilt title means the car doesn't have great resale value, so I doubt you would get more than a fraction of the money spent on repainting back out if you sold the car.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    As an Orient Blue owner, I'd say preserve the Orient Blue. Black ZHPs are pretty common. Then again, do what brings you the most happiness. Having a rebuilt title means the car doesn't have great resale value, so I doubt you would get more than a fraction of the money spent on repainting back out if you sold the car.
    Carbon Black is far more blue than black. If anything Orient looks more black than carbon in certain light. Am I stating the correct color? Yours looks navy even royal blue.. mine is very dark blue

Salvage title cars will def take a hit.. but it won’t be a $5,000 paint job: probably somewhere around $2500-3000 if keeping Orient as there is no real bodywork needed. Title matters.. but on cars like this, when replacing with all original Bmw stamped m-tech II parts, just a bumper could salvage a car. (Insurance sees it as just a 330i.. and bumper, grilles, fogs, etc add up fast. I’m not sure if headlights were damaged, but if so easily salvaged from a light hit
    Last edited by Turbolex; 03-05-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Attachment 32257

This is carbon black... it is much closer to my color than your blue appears in signature. Mine is dark but pops in sunlight.

Name:  293E83AA-3226-4CE4-AC9A-A78614E7273A.jpeg
Views: 1332
Size:  68.4 KB

CB.

Welcome

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

My vote is for Orient Blue. It's such a great color.
    Plus, you will keep the original body color.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Have you ever seen San Marino blue? If you are thinking about changing the color, but want to stay in the blue family, it is truly an amazing color. It has a depth to it that looks like it is candy coated.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1162322

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1249791

Salty
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
    Have you ever seen San Marino blue? If you are thinking about changing the color, but want to stay in the blue family, it is truly an amazing color. It has a depth to it that looks like it is candy coated.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1162322

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1249791

Salty
    Wow this gets my vote.

That depth tho

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast