Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kicker35 View Post
    Wow you’ve got great taste in cars hahah!
    lol I actually hate red cars but this one is just stupid red so I kinda love it [/quote]

For the Sonax Alcantara cleaner, I sprayed it on the seats and used a soft bristle brush to rub it in gently. Don’t use too much cleaner because it’ll make the texture of the Alcantara stiff. Then I wiped it off with a damp microfiber. Didn’t notice a huge difference, but it is better and smelled like berries for a while...
    I'ma do it for the berries alone

For the subwoofer rebuild, I replaced the stock hk speakers with CDT CL-69S slim carbon fiber/fiber glass woofers. They fit perfectly and are great quality. Not a huge difference over stock, but the bass is noticeably crisper. I put some subwoofer insulation around them in the box and in the top of the trunk to get better sound quality and to prevent rattle.
    That's awesome. I'm guessing the slim 6x9s were required to fit in the OE box? I'll have to look into that if I ever finish my Bavsound install.

I know I’ve been putting off that CDV but I’ll get around to it. I’ve seen some good results with G2 so I’ll give it a try...maybe this summer. I went ahead and bought the paint to spray the lower grill , so I’ll probably get to that when it warms up a bit too. I have both gloss and satin paint so I’m not sure which one I’ll end up using.
    Satin would be more OE look, while gloss would match the hood grilles. I went with whatever was in my garage.

For the hood, I’ve tried messing with the rubber screws but it doesn’t seem to change it. Not sure how to fix it.
    Ok I had to get more involved too, but didn't want to send you down this path if you hadn't adjusted the screws yet. You can adjust the catch depth for the latching mechanism. I can't remember exactly how it is done, but just carefully loosen some screws and move it around a bit and test. I spent about half an hour finding the right combination of latch depth + rubber screw height to get mine right.

I’ve been thinking about spacers recently, and I agree they make a huge difference. I’ll take a look at your thread again to see some pics. Thanks for all the help!
    u gotta

Quote Originally Posted by charter21p5 View Post
    Great looking car and nice work! What product did you use for the cube trim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used Color Bond LVP Refinisher. It looks like this

Hit 140k the other day. Loved every mile of driving this thing.

Finally got around to adjusting my hood to sit flush. I tried adjusting the rubber screws, but nothing changed. After messing around with various screws, I found that the culprit was the hood latch on the right side. The screw on that latch was not screwed in as much as the other side, so I took it out and fixed it. Looks much better now!

Before:

The latch:

After:

Interesting. Good to get those little things done.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Significant improvement. Strong work.

It’s been a while, time for a much-needed update. The car is running strong, but it’s had a few issues since my last update.

Back in August 2018, the car would take a while to crank up sometimes and it progressively got worse to the point where it would not crank at all and I’d have to pop-start it. I had the voltage checked on my battery, the alternator and the starter and they all checked out. At first, I figured it was the battery so I put a new one in, but the problem did not go away. I was stumped, so I had my starter replaced with a remanufactured Bosch unit. After that, the car started up no problem and I haven’t had any issues since.

That fall, I started having intermittent coolant issues where the light would pop on and off temporarily and I’d have to top off the tank. The expansion tank had developed a leak and eventually gave out last December. I replaced it with a new OEM tank and put in a new thermostat while I was in there. Filled up the system with 50/50 OEM BMW coolant and water mixture and bled it and I haven’t had any problems since.
    Some pictures of the job:

In April of this year, I found a good deal for a used Gruppe M carbon fiber intake and bought it. Once it arrived, I gave it a good detail and put a coat of wax on the outside to make the carbon really pop. I installed it and couldn’t believe how good it sounded. It completely transformed the car sound-wise. It has a deep throaty induction sound every time you punch it, it’s very addicting. I didn’t notice a big difference performance-wise, but the throttle response is slightly improved.

I crossed over 150,000 miles in July, a pretty big milestone since I have owned the car.

Currently, the car is sitting at home in the garage while I’m away at college. I came home for the first time since the beginning of August this past weekend and man I missed driving it. I gave it a nice detail and put her away until next time.

Hayden’s Imola 330ci Zhp Journal

Finally was able to find a decently priced Corsa TSE3 Catback Exhaust for sale locally and was able to pick it up a few weeks ago from a local enthusiast. It was in good shape and just needed to be cleaned and polished to make it look like new again. Heres a pic of when I picked it up:

As expected, it was a nightmare trying to take out the 4 15mm exhaust manifold bolts. They were pretty rusted and completely seized in there. I soaked them in PB Blaster but it didn’t help much and 3 out of the 4 bolts snapped. After that, I was able to take the rest of the 13mm bolts off easily and the oem exhaust came off no problem. However, the bolts were still stuck in there. I didn’t have any luck pounding them out, so I took it to a shop my buddy works at the next day and we gave it a shot. I drove around with no exhaust and just the headers for a day and it was incredibly loud, pretty awesome. It would definately get old on a daily basis. It took about 45 min of using a heat induction tool, air hammer, and an air chisel to get them all out.
    Here’s the bolts before:

Success:

It was smooth sailing after we got those bolts out and the new exhaust went in no problem. I opted to not pay $23 EACH for the OEM bolts and replaced them with 10.9 stainless steel bolts and nuts in the same size. I put in new exhaust gaskets as well to freshen everything up. When I was installing it, it felt noticeably lighter than the stock exhaust.

Video: https://youtu.be/oHwuGm4rRTM

Needless to say, I’m extremely happy with how it sounds now. On startup, it has a nice rumble to it and then it settles down to sound similar to stock. The Corsa is definitely louder than stock, especially when your on the gas. You can really hear it screem from about 2,000 rpm to 4,500 rpm. After that, it switches over to the roar of the Gruppe M intake. It has a deeper, throatier tone which is what I was after. When you let off the gas under 2,000 rpm, especially around 1,500 rpm, it crackles and burbles a lot. I really like that, I wish it did that when you let off the gas or downshift at all rpms. A little part of me wishes it was a tad bit louder, but maybe I was just used to driving around with only headers the day before. Overall, I’m very happy with it. I love the sound and it’s nice to actually hear the car.

Congrats!

I love my Corsa exhaust. I actually wish it were quieter below 3k RPM while I trundle around town. I feel like a bit of a renob with the pops and burbles as I drive down crowded streets at 10 mph, but c'est la vie

Congrats! I too loved mine but in a vert it's a bit loud, so I swapped it out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12