Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    $1.6k BMW performance strut bar is the best.... I kid I kid
    Fixed that for you!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

So is there a verdict out on which strut tower bar offers the most stiffness?

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    Think that would be hard to say and doubt there is much difference in them (based on design and material).

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    straight, unhinged bars.

also, CF is the best choice as it's rate of thermal expansion is crazy low... however, CF is expensive, so steel is the next best choice. aluminum expands a lot when hot, and in the engine bay... that ain't good. so CF or steel. i bought a straight, unhinged steel bar for $80 on ebay.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I would have bought the ECS CF bar, because it’s pretty cheap for a CF bar, but it doesn’t allow access to the top of the strut when installed. I have Koni Yellows, for which I wanted to maintain access. If you don’t need access to the strut, it is probably the most cost effective option on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    I would have bought the ECS CF bar, because it’s pretty cheap for a CF bar, but it doesn’t allow access to the top of the strut when installed. I have Koni Yellows, for which I wanted to maintain access. If you don’t need access to the strut, it is probably the most cost effective option on the market.
    I’m actually considering that, or the M3 bar to keep things oem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have bought the ECS CF bar, because it’s pretty cheap for a CF bar, but it doesn’t allow access to the top of the strut when installed. I have Koni Yellows, for which I wanted to maintain access.
    that's precisely why i removed my CF ECS bar and installed the steel one.

i actually have been meaning to list the ECS CF bar for sale, just keep forgetting.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I think it's important to consider cycles/repetition - .7mm during that track event; probably more seasons later (like racecars - they get flexy/wobbly with age.)
    keith

currently looking for:
    • fantastic set of Style 68s, staggered
    • driver's side A-pillar airbag

'03 ZHP
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '96 SR5 4Runner | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B | other stuff

That's interesting... I just bought Koni yellows. However, I don't plan to have to adjust them frequently, and the strut bar is extremely to easy to remove--either in part or entirely (which is part of what I like about it).

I didn't want to spend a fortune on a strut bar and, even though it may not be the stiffest solution possible, it makes a noticeable difference which I considered worth the cost.

You guys rock, I appreciate the discussion. I think I'll order the ECS bar I've had an eye on.

The vids I've watched make installation look relatively easy - any advice on this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast