Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    Thanks. I wasn’t sure if the shoulder on the stud would clear the hole in the rotor.

These studs have the allen key... Don’t know how I’m going to torque them with an allen though; may have to use the ‘two nut’ method.
    Calibrated elbow?!

Pretty easy DIY and makes changing wheels all that much easier.

I have an allen key socket set for that...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Got the studs installed this morning; 56mm studs from ECS Tuning. Glad I chose these over the longer 75mm studs. They don’t stick out as much, and should be even less when I get the new wheels (et45) installed.

Name:  7466A4BF-85E7-406A-AB06-4012360E53E7.jpeg
Views: 347
Size:  270.5 KB

Name:  5A7F0171-C173-44F2-ADB5-0A85F6358BB3.jpeg
Views: 343
Size:  202.3 KB

Edit; Thought this might be useful to anyone doing the conversion;

http://bd8ba3c866c8cbc330ab-7b26c6f3...allationR1.pdf
    Last edited by cornercarver; 04-16-2018 at 01:16 PM.
    -Chris

As it turns out, the 'meat' of the wheel at the center is thinner on the Sportline 8S, so the lugs actually stick out further than I expected. It's still better than a 75mm stud though. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be happy with another 24mm of stud sticking out beyond this, and it would be completely unnecessary.

Name:  IMG_7961.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  196.7 KB

Even more evident on the deeper dish of the 9.5 ET45 (rear) wheel;

Name:  IMG_7962.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  182.5 KB

And this is a bit of a cross-post, but I just can't get enough of these wheels on the car... Fitment is perfect IMHO. Wheels are Sportline 8S 18x8.5 ET45 in the front and 18x9.5 ET45 in the rear. Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sport; 235 up front, 265 out back. Definitely could fit a 245 in the front, and maybe a 275 out back, but not without fender rolling. The 265 rubs slightly on big dips with nobody but me in the car, so even that is pretty tight. The tread width on the 265 is actually a tad wider than a 275 according to the specs on the Tire Rack. Not sure how that happened.

Name:  327A8173.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  132.7 KBName:  327A8187.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  65.3 KB

Have to say though, despite dropping 30lbs of unsprung weight with these wheels, the car doesn't feel any different.

Next install; ECS Tuning CF Strut Tower Bar.
    -Chris

I noticed my car was easier to steer with lighter wheels.

Look like those wheels fit perfectly! I wish the Apex SM-10 came in those offsets
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

they look soooo good!

i'm curious about the thickness at the hub, though... i read somewhere that apex doesn't make a wheel with concavity that [nicely] fits our cars like these rears do, because they didn't want to make the hub area of the wheel that thin.

hmmm.

as for the lighter weight... the suspension will react faster, which makes the car just feel better all around. fresher suspension components will amplify that feeling.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    as for the lighter weight... the suspension will react faster, which makes the car just feel better all around. fresher suspension components will amplify that feeling.
    That's the theory... Just my butt dyno didn't register any significant changes Sunday night / yesterday. Guess I need to drive it harder.

I'm getting (eventually - they still haven't shipped) a set of Turner poly FCABs. Last email from ECS Tuning said they would ship 4/23; got another one yesterday which said they're delayed again until May 9th. I'm thinking I should replace the control arms 'while I'm in there' because I'm hearing a faint 'clunk' on smaller bumps. Probably best to do both at the same time, then I only have to get it aligned once. Seems like a fairly easy DIY job too.
    -Chris

ECS Tuning CF Strut Tower Brace installed; 126,660 miles.

-Chris

Bar looks great!
    Looks like you PS reservoir cap could use a new o-ring though, eh?
    H&R sport springs,

LOL... Yes. It actually doesn’t leak much. Is that all it typically needs? I just spent nearly $2k on wheels and tires but I neglected to replace what is probably a 50 cent o-ring.
    -Chris

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast