Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Nice updates!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Looking good! I have a few questions for you since I plan on doing this swap on my wagon soon:

1. How is your wheel fitment? People claim the M3's track width in the rear is 1.6" wider, but from all the research I've done, this is due to the M3's wheel offset, not the rear suspension itself.
    2. Are you running the M3 sway bar?
    3. How is the brake bias with the M3 rear brakes (and what I am assuming are stock 330i front brakes and MC)?

1. Wheel fitment is unchanged because I re-used the ZHP RTA’s, but I believe you are correct; the difference according to what I’ve read on other forums is in the M3 wheel offsets.
    2. Yes, you have to use the M3 bar because the rear axle carrier has different mounting points.
    3. I didn’t swap the brakes - see #1. M3 brakes require M3 RTA’s.
    -Chris

Wow - can't believe it's been more than four years since I last updated this thread.

Let's see - what have I done since the last post... Working backwards using my maintenance log;

• Just replaced the starter yesterday - 149,040mi. That was a bitch of a job. Wish I could dope slap whichever BMW engineer thought it was a good idea to insert the starter bolts from the back. Went to start it the week before last and got nothing - not even a click - so I researched E46 'no start' issues and found this thread on e46fanatics.com. Worked through the OP's checklist to determine it was the starter. Glad that's done...What a backbreaker it is to lean over the engine bay all day.
    • 05/15/2023; Replaced the power steering pump, hoses, and OFHG @148,053mi. (Yes - I've only driven it ~1k miles in the last year; Bought a used 2011 Volvo XC90 in January of '23 as a winter beater and as preparation for my 16yr-old daughter who got her permit in August.)
    • 02/01/2023; Had the dreaded right rear quarter panel rust spot at the back of the wheel opening repaired, and 'while it was in there' (the body shop) had them fix some rust in the rocker panels. Ended up painting the whole right and left sides, sprayed the rear bumper to fix some blemishes and painted the lower valance (black insert) because it had some fading.
    • 11/26/2021; Replaced the right front caliper because it was sticking. Installed new braided SS hoses on both fronts.
    • 10/30/2021; Replaced both front hubs because one was squeaking, figured I'd replace the other one while I was at it.
    • 02/07/2021; Replaced the CCV hoses and oil separator. (Thought that would fix the oil leaking all over the side of the engine, but there's still some oil from the CCV system to this day. Must be a bad design of the CCV system or the oil separator.)
    • 09/28/2019; Updated the DME with the help of Scott Townsend from E46fanatics @135,200mi.

Next on the 'to do' list; Oil pan gasket. It's been leaking for a while now and I just want to get it done. Plus, in about a month my daughter is going to get her license and start driving the winter beater so I'll be daily driving the ZHP again by May. Sad to be putting miles on it, but it'll be more fun than driving an older XC90. Ironically, my '04 ZHP is in FAR better condition than the newer 2011 Volvo with fewer miles; A testament to good maintenance and an enthusiast-owned vehicle.
    -Chris

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112