Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Is this on a computer? You can use the insert video button and then drop the link in there.

You can also use the bbcode and drop the link in between. This may also work on tapatalk???
    Thanks. Tried using the 'insert video' button but it still showed up as a link...maybe it's because it still had the 's' after http. I'll try editing it.

Anyway - thanks for embedding it above.

(edit; Yup, that was it... Shows up now when I use the 'insert video' button without the 's'.)

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    Shipping April 3rd; ECS Tuning lug bolt conversion and Turner FCAB's
    I'm 0 for 3 this month; Modbargains is dragging their feet getting my Sportlines shipped (ordered 3/2/18,) Avin cancelled my kidney grilles order, and now ECS tuning emailed me to say the lug bolt conversion and FCAB's are delayed until 4/23.

WTF??

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    I'm 0 for 3 this month; Modbargains is dragging their feet getting my Sportlines shipped (ordered 3/2/18,) Avin cancelled my kidney grilles order, and now ECS tuning emailed me to say the lug bolt conversion and FCAB's are delayed until 4/23.

WTF??
    Bummer, man. That's tough. Time to take all that money and dump it into a more reliable supplier, such as ESS Tuning and their superchargers?

As much as I’d love to buy a supercharger, it’s a high-dollar add that I won’t be able to swing for a while, and spending $5k on a car for which I only paid $8k is hard to justify. It’s also a risky endeavor on an engine with 126k miles without rebuilding it, or at least o-ringing the head gaskets.

That said, I’m laying the groundwork for more HP incrementally. I’ve always felt you need to have the right foundation for power-adders first.

ESS supercharger isn't really plug and play. I've had a lot of tuning and drive ability issues with mine. Sometimes I wish I had just left the car alone after installing headers. It ran the best then.
    BTW no need to do anything to the engine for the SC. It's only putting out 8.5 lbs of boost. Not enough to break anything or blow a head gasket
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    ESS supercharger isn't really plug and play. I've had a lot of tuning and drive ability issues with mine. Sometimes I wish I had just left the car alone after installing headers. It ran the best then.
    BTW no need to do anything to the engine for the SC. It's only putting out 8.5 lbs of boost. Not enough to break anything or blow a head gasket
    Which headers did you do? That's on my wish list, probably after an LSD. I'm not sure I could get away with them in MA though. If they do a visual inspection of emissions components it will fail.

I went with Bimmerbrakes Gen3 and stock exhaust.... really woke up the engine.

IDK how deep they go for the visual inspection... in Jersey it was a camera in the floor. The headers are pretty well hidden by the aluminum support pan and the plastic splash pan. There is no way they'd be able to tell using that setup.
    Code out the secondary O2 sensors. You can leave the secondary air pump in place for visual inspection, that won't hurt anything.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

FINALLY got something I ordered last month...

Name:  D3DFA5D1-8DA8-4A74-BAB0-F66B18CD3AFD.jpeg
Views: 345
Size:  212.1 KB

Those of you who have done the lug conversion; any pointers? Any reason it can’t be done with the rotors in place or do they have to come off? I’m hoping to do it this weekend... I won’t have much time, and not removing the rotors would save a lot.
    -Chris

Use loctite on the threads. Double up two lugnuts to tighten unless you got the ones with the allen key in the end. No need to remove anything but the wheeel
    H&R sport springs,

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if the shoulder on the stud would clear the hole in the rotor.

These studs have the allen key... Don’t know how I’m going to torque them with an allen though; may have to use the ‘two nut’ method.
    -Chris

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast