Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Love seeing the significant others working on cars! My wife used to be a Honda tech but now I can't get her to pick up a wrench...
    My Bosch metal impeller water pump did the same thing but not as violent. I replaced with OEM
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Love seeing the significant others working on cars! My wife used to be a Honda tech but now I can't get her to pick up a wrench...
    My Bosch metal impeller water pump did the same thing but not as violent. I replaced with OEM
    When the time came to replace that one, I bought a remanufactured BMW water pump (it came in the kit from ECS tuning). I also bought another full metal impeller WP. I figured that I would decide which one to use when I got both units in my hands. Turns out the heavy duty WP was REALLY heavy. Figured adding strain on the motor isn't the best thing to do, so I went with the BMW unit. I still have the other one sitting around in the box (Geba). Correction-the WP that self-destructed was a Graf unit, not Geba.

In fact, I keep that old messed up WP and the self-destructed wad of metal on the fireplace as a reminder not to use bottom of the barrel aftermarket parts. On reason why I went with all BMW parts on the cooling system refresh the second time was because I had such a hard time getting all of the aftermarket parts on the first time I did the cooling system.

The wife loves helping me out. She's always been such a trooper! Helps me out wrenching and is always game to try new things with me. I'm guessing she just might love me or something. LOL!
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

One thing I like about FCP Euro, in addition to their lifetime replacement guarantee, is that they put an OE tag on known original equipment manufacturer's parts. I bought an expansion tank from them that literally had residue from where they had peeled off the BMW part number sticker and had ground off the BMW logo from the expansion tank mold. They list Saleri as the BMW OE water pump, so that's what I bought for a fraction of the cost of the BMW labeled unit. I haven't installed it, yet, so hopefully it is OE as they state.

And very cool that your wife helps you with the car. You won the lottery.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
    One thing I like about FCP Euro, in addition to their lifetime replacement guarantee, is that they put an OE tag on known original equipment manufacturer's parts. I bought an expansion tank from them that literally had residue from where they had peeled off the BMW part number sticker and had ground off the BMW logo from the expansion tank mold. They list Saleri as the BMW OE water pump, so that's what I bought for a fraction of the cost of the BMW labeled unit. I haven't installed it, yet, so hopefully it is OE as they state.

And very cool that your wife helps you with the car. You won the lottery.
    For the most part, I stick with Pelican Parts or ECS Tuning for my parts only because that's what I'm used to. I did buy a power steering hose disconnect tool from FCP Euro. That has been the only specialty tool I've had to buy to work on my car.

Yes, we've been married over 31 years now.
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Old Timer here! Updating a few things...

Dropping my car off after work tomorrow. Just in time for all of the sunny weather!

Oh, I guess I should add which tires-Michelin Pilot Sport 4s.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGraphic View Post

Dropping my car off after work tomorrow. Just in time for all of the sunny weather!

Oh, I guess I should add which tires-Michelin Pilot Sport 4s.
    You can’t go wrong with those but when I saw them for the first time at MTrack days last year, the one thing that caught my eye was how good looking and well designed the sidewall is. I think they also made a limited edition velvet insert on the sidewall when they launched the tire...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    You can’t go wrong with those but when I saw them for the first time at MTrack days last year, the one thing that caught my eye was how good looking and well designed the sidewall is. I think they also made a limited edition velvet insert on the sidewall when they launched the tire...

Yes, I remember hearing about that purple/velvet color! I thought 'How COOL!!!'. Mine don't have that. Just a bunch of goop from the FedEx shipping labels for that extra traction!!! LOL!

Always nice to know there are other original ZHP owners out there. You've got me beat by around 10K miles! Not going to try too hard to catch you though. Love my ZHP and hope to have it for another decade, BMW Gods willing...
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

Quote Originally Posted by dpark View Post
    Always nice to know there are other original ZHP owners out there. You've got me beat by around 10K miles! Not going to try too hard to catch you though. Love my ZHP and hope to have it for another decade, BMW Gods willing...
    Yup! We are a smaller and smaller community.

I love driving it! It’s certainly a willing dance partner out there on the twisties.

Hoping to keep mine into the 200k range. Sadly, I don’t drive it as much as I used to. Much of the roads near the house are awful. Looking forward to a few road trips soon.

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGraphic View Post
    Yup! We are a smaller and smaller community.

I love driving it! It’s certainly a willing dance partner out there on the twisties.

Hoping to keep mine into the 200k range. Sadly, I don’t drive it as much as I used to. Much of the roads near the house are awful. Looking forward to a few road trips soon.
    I love driving mine too. After 13 years I finally got a 2nd set of rims to put winter tires on my car. Even though we had a mild winter, what a difference they make.

I hope to get to 200k as well before needing an engine rebuild

2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast