Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Lowering springs taller than stock?

I pulled one of my rear springs today (ZHP stock) and discovered my new ST Sport (as marked on the box) "lowering" springs are actually taller than stock (with more coils). What should I make of this? I was hoping to go another 1/2" to 1". Any knowledgeable input would be much appreciated.

I’ve been looking at springs and noticed many of the “sport” springs produce the same ride height as OEM ZHP springs. You have to look for the springs with a description like “for vehicles with performance package” or something like that. Usually only the ‘race’ springs are lower than those on a ZHP.

Maybe you ordered (or they sent you) the wrong springs?

Yes first check to see that all the correct parts were sent to you but also remember that their may be some time to allow the car to settle onto the new springs. I remember that was the case with my coils on my E92. I eventually had to raise it a bit.

I haven't seen any springs (or anything else for that matter) marketed for the "performance package", but they were sold for the "sport package", which I think is the same as far as springs go. I tend to think they're the roght ones, because the height is close, and the box is marked correctly.

My OE springs are in good shape--I think I'll just touch them up and put them back in. Thanks for the quick responses!

pics? it's entirely possible the ST springs are highly progressive, and as such have a ton of 'dead coils' which would make their height taller than stock when at rest.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    pics? it's entirely possible the ST springs are highly progressive, and as such have a ton of 'dead coils' which would make their height taller than stock when at rest.
    This...
    Progressive springs always have more coils than non- progressive
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers