Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Loss of power to radio

So I've spent the day trying to install an Xtrons PB7656BAP head unit. I had it plugged in and functioning. I turned off the ignition and was repositioning and then tried again and now the headunit is not receiving power. Some stray observations:

• Plugged into the head unit: 1. L-shaped radio input adapter cable attached to the Xtrons-provided radio cable which itself is attached to the factory radio cable, 2. GPS, 3. USB and 4. power adapter cable
    • I have replaced the 15A fuse on the back, no difference
    • When I turn on the ignition, the Xtrons head unit will not power on nor will the buttons light up when I have the headlights on.
    • Swapping back to my factory BMW Business head unit, the radio will light up with the headlights, but it will not turn on. I replaced its 10A fuse as well with no change in result.
    • The HVAC control unit functions normally.
    • All wires to the power cable appear to be intact.

Thoughts? I am at a bit of a loss because even the factory radio head unit isn't functioning, which suggests its an issue with the car's cabling, but visual inspection doesn't result in any immediate solution.

There are additional fuses for the radio in the fuse panel, besides the fuse on the unit. Checks those.

Also, the XTRONS unit does not by default light the buttons on with the headlight. If the unit has power, the buttons will illuminate.

Have you started the car too? Might have drained the battery.

I blame the TSE3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    There are additional fuses for the radio in the fuse panel, besides the fuse on the unit. Checks those.

Also, the XTRONS unit does not by default light the buttons on with the headlight. If the unit has power, the buttons will illuminate.
    I had checked those, but turns out I can't properly count. I checked fuses 7 and 40, but needed to check 41, which was blown. Still not sure why a 30A fuse was blown. Problem solved though!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Have you started the car too? Might have drained the battery.
    Tried that, battery was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dkmcclelland View Post
    I blame the TSE3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well whaddaya know...

Good to hear you're rocking again
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

I hate it when dumb stuff like this happens.... I usually spend at least a half hour remembering all my favorite curse words and how to use them in a sentence
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I usually spend at least a half hour remembering all my favorite curse words and how to use them in a sentence
    A whole 30 minutes? Rookie.