Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too Much?

Too Much?

Today I saw a very young teenager attempting to show off the sound of his 330Ci Vert in the parking lot of O'Reilly's to his friends...... C'mon Man......not impressed, and hey, it's March in New Hampshire and that car should be in storage like mine!!!! But I'm waaaaaaaay older (by +50 ), so I take a breath. I'm not judging since I'm a life long car guy, and I know we all have our opinions on what's sweet....

So, made me rethink, adding bling to my lower mileage 05 ZHP 6MT Vert? I'm still struggling to add AUX or Bluetooth. But I always thought the aluminum M pedals looked sweet. Of course maybe it's because I always wanted the M3. But I love my ZHP. So.............

Is it too much? Keep it stock? I saw these pedals below online and thought about pulling the trigger ( disregard the crappy mats. I know my mats would never be as muddy as this guys pic)..... But I'd appreciate the Mafia verdict
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pete

well I'm most likely much closer in age to the kids fooling around at O'reilly's, but I feel like those pedals are a bit much. Have you seen the options from Bimmian? They're much cleaner in my opinion. https://bimmian.com/Accessories-for-...al-Set/?veh=46

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

I have the diagonal style pedals which I really like. I think those M ones are a bit much but wld say if you like em, rock em. It's not like they are cheap bling that doesn't look good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Those bimmian ones look much better IMO. Im just not a fan of anything with an M on it.

thanks for the Bimmian tip and that looks like a neater approach. But now there's a new twist, I like all 4 Bimmian styles........
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    thanks for the Bimmian tip and that looks like a neater approach. But now there's a new twist, I like all 4 Bimmian styles........
    Ha. Decisions decisions... I’m sure you’ll make the right call ;-)

Very cool looking! I thought about those a while ago. Those mount on top of the existing pedals right? So, it would push you further away from the steering wheel just a smidgen. As it is, I'm already a bit too far for the proper sitting position (wrist doesn't break over the steering wheel). I can't get 100% comfortable due to a bad back. My seating position is just a bit slouched. I can't sit up too straight.
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Needs more M logos.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

I'd assume you remove the existing rubber pedal covers and then install it directly to the pedal, so I wouldn't expect it to change the pedal height. Looks that way in thee install picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    I'd assume you remove the existing rubber pedal covers and then install it directly to the pedal, so I wouldn't expect it to change the pedal height. Looks that way in thee install picture
    This is accurate. The gas pedal is the only one that really moves closer to you since you're not removing a rubber cover on it first.

Fwiw I pulled my OMP pedals off of my other car today to put in the ZHP. I absolutely love these pedals for how functional they are. The brake/clutch pedals are grippy even with wet shoes, while the gas pedal is smooth faced.

They're also about of $35 for the set...just not nearly as pretty as other options.

Review here from the mad Russian himself:

http://m3.madrussian.net/review_omp_pedals.shtml

Edit: should have mentioned my favorite functional detail of the OMP pedals is the sidewall on the brake pedal cover that keeps your foot from catching the backside of the brake pedal when transitioning from gas > brake. makes those summertime jaunts in flip flops less dangerous!

Last edited by ZHPizza; 03-25-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast