Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: DIY Nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    At this point the compressor is the only culprit, I just hope it's a relatively easy fix. Almost 90k on the car now, but I bought it at 84k, and AC was not working back then either. I have not used the AC for that reason, so I never really fiddled with the climate control. One shop already told me the compressor was fine, but I think they based this on the fact that the clutch engages, and it does not make any funny sounds.
    That seems like really low mileage to have a problem, but if the system was vacuumed down, charged, and it is still not compressing with high & low pressures, it's likely the compressor. If needed, check out www.realoem.com for proper compressor match to your VIN.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

-Brettski

So the passenger door lock actuator failed on the track car 2005 SGM coupe ZHP.

with the door shut. Nothing works to open it. Bought a new actuator and gave up before a potential super ugly diy.

Local shops problem.

Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by PetesZ View Post
    So the passenger door lock actuator failed on the track car 2005 SGM coupe ZHP.

with the door shut. Nothing works to open it. Bought a new actuator and gave up before a potential super ugly diy.

Local shops problem.

you'd think there was some way to open the door in this kind of situation. Have you done a search?
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    That seems like really low mileage to have a problem, but if the system was vacuumed down, charged, and it is still not compressing with high & low pressures, it's likely the compressor. If needed, check out www.realoem.com for proper compressor match to your VIN.

I am biting the bullet and asking an online professional to review my problem. I paid $5 for a 1-week trial lol justanswer.com.
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.

I am biting the bullet and asking an online professional to review my problem. I paid $5 for a 1-week trial lol justanswer.com.
    Good luck & keep us posted!

-Brettski

My compressor failed at low mileage... the car was only 4 years old when it failed
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    ...check out www.realoem.com for proper compressor match to your VIN.
    There seems to be two part number for my particular car: 64526910458 & 64526916232. I did a search and don't really see the difference. Is there one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    My compressor failed at low mileage... the car was only 4 years old when it failed
    lame. What were the signs other than your a/c not working?

It was leaking oil. Still cold though. Got it replaced last week of CPO warranty
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

At this point the compressor is the only culprit, I just hope it's a relatively easy fix. Almost 90k on the car now, but I bought it at 84k, and AC was not working back then either. I have not used the AC for that reason, so I never really fiddled with the climate control. One shop already told me the compressor was fine, but I think they based this on the fact that the clutch engages, and it does not make any funny sounds.
    A|C compressor job on these cars is simple. Go at it from underneath, I find that easier. Hardest part is removing all those bolts holding the aluminum under panel.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

Autozone.com
    Replacing/repairing the K Jetronic fuel injection on both of my E21s.. Uuuuuuugh. Next 320i I get is getting double Weber. Chasing down what felt like miles of vacuum lines for leaks after doing an engine rebuild is a pain. Riiight when you think you've got it all figured out.. Nope. The vacuum leak pixies strike again. Then when that is figured out, the electric system will rear it's head. All 100 of them. Fix the hazard switch by just buying five new ones. Done. Nooow the turn signals dont' work. Fuse box issue. Cool. Oh... wait.. The injection is wonky again. That said.... I'd do it all over again.

The ZHP has, so far, been nightmare free. It's been pretty home mechanic friendly all things considered.
    Last edited by Fenrir; 06-14-2018 at 08:59 PM.

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast