Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Did you/Kristen celebrate by laying down rubber as you left the dealership?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A good ol' game of elevenses

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I think the break-in service is only for the M cars. I heard regular ones still go straight to 15k...

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Did you/Kristen celebrate by laying down rubber as you left the dealership?
    Lol, I don't know what she did after leaving the dealership... she works there so that maneuver may have consequences...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Lol, I don't know what she did after leaving the dealership... she works there so that maneuver may have consequences...
    Like spraining her wrist from all the high fives she'd get the following day?

When I was 16, working at a dealership, I did something dumb like that. Was looking for a job that afternoon...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Well, we have found two really annoying things that really affect the enjoyment of the car:

First is the shifter. It's too tall and very vague, especially between 3rd and 5th. We keep feeling like we're going to money shift it. Part of the problem is we have UUC short shifters in the ZHP and 135. People that never had a short shifter may not notice an issue at all. It already has the ZHP shift knob from the factory.

Second and this is the big one, the auto rev matching is the most annoying thing about this car! We hate it and from what we've been reading on the internet, so does everyone else. Why would we hate such a cool feature? Well if you don't shift and drive they way it expects then it does stupid things. The way it works is there is a sensor somewhere between the shifter and transmission that senses when your entering the gate of the next upshift or downshift and then adjusts the rpm accordingly. In a perfect world, this would be great but we all have our habits with the manual and this interferes tremendously. For example, if rolling up to a stop light or stop sign, I have a tendency to put it in first before I come to a complete stop so the car tries to rev match and makes me look like an idiot. Getting back to the shifter, if I miss a shift, say, bounce it off third when I'm trying for fifth, even though I've barely touched the gate before realizing that it's third, the car will try to re match and the rpms go to the moon. Also, it's inconsistent. There are times when it doesn't rev match at all when you're expecting it. Also, it has this annoying feature where it revs up to around 1000 rpms when letting the clutch out to assist non drivers starting out. Why do we need this dumbed down technology? This isn't why people buy this car with a manual!

Putting it in sport+ helps a little but why the hell didn't they provide an off switch? Anyone that buys this car with a manual transmission doesn't want to be coddled for every shift or every start from a dead stop. If you completely turn off DSC, it disables it but who wants to drive around with DSC off all the time?

To be honest, if we knew that this feature was going to be so shitty, we would of gotten the DCT. We're looking into having it coded out but it looks like that disables some other features too. More research is needed.

On a higher note, with the DSC completely off, this car is amazing! Sports+ mode doesn't turn enough off.
    Did I mention that it chops the ignition between shifts? Instant RPM drop and it sounds like a friggin full blown race car!
    The rev matching is awesome for spirited driving and on the track but for gods sake, put an off switch for every day driving like Porsche did
    H&R sport springs,

For some reason I thought the rev match was something that could be turned off in iDrive. That would drive me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob that does sound frustrating. I'll bet a tuner out there will have a solution in the near future though. Just gotta give it a little time for these cars to get fleshed out. I had no idea about the RPM drops in DCS off mode, that actually sounds really awesome. Throw in a nice SSK and hopefully that will make things a lot more enjoyable. Sucks that BMW didn't already plan for this kind of stuff. No one likes removing brand new parts on a brand new car.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Bruh I'ma need a video of that ignition cut. That sounds dope.

Pizza, I was thinking the same thing.
    Rob, Kris wants the 135 back lol
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Pizza, I was thinking the same thing.
    Rob, Kris wants the 135 back lol
    NO GIVESIES BACKSIES!!!
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast