Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    That's ok, she can trade me for the ZHP
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

It’s funny you mentioned the Porsche auto-blip. My neighbor was telling me how he was riding with a student in a 991.1 last fall and thought “my god, for a novice this guy can heel-toe like an absolute boss!” Turns out it was the auto-blip, and when he turned it off the guy actually had terrible footwork. It’s probably great for some people, but as you mentioned, typically the kind of person opting for a 6MT instead of DCT in an M2 probably doesn’t need it.

Surely someone has/will figure out how to disable it in the M2 without disabling a bunch of other things.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    NO GIVESIES BACKSIES!!!
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

An article I was reading said that the 6 speed manual is for the US market because they're the only ones that want it. Sales numbers back that up as the DCT has more sales. It further stated that BMW is all about technology and the don't even want to put any manual gearboxes in any more, and I have to agree, The DCT is superior to the manual gearbox... doesn't mean that I really want one though.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    An article I was reading said that the 6 speed manual is for the US market because they're the only ones that want it. Sales numbers back that up as the DCT has more sales. It further stated that BMW is all about technology and the don't even want to put any manual gearboxes in any more, and I have to agree, The DCT is superior to the manual gearbox... doesn't mean that I really want one though.
    Name:  EFLXD7O.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  76.7 KB

Name:  ZDKomOC.png
Views: 274
Size:  33.3 KB

Definitely DCT is more popular around the world.

.1% manual transmission M2's in China lol

I have to imagine one just slipped in there by accident and someone had to shoo it out of the dealership

DCT is superior but like Rob said I prefer a manual and always will.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Putting it in sport+ helps a little but why the hell didn't they provide an off switch? Anyone that buys this car with a manual transmission doesn't want to be coddled for every shift or every start from a dead stop. If you completely turn off DSC, it disables it but who wants to drive around with DSC off all the time?
    That's crappy. They should have allowed some customization through a menu. smh

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    That's crappy. They should have allowed some customization through a menu. smh
    Supposedly the coding to remove it is to disable the clutch switch. I think this also disables hill assist and requires two presses of the start button to start vs one. I don't think everyone has figured out what else it disables. There is no line that suggests disabling rev match and it being disabled is more of a side effect of other features disabled.

Super bummer! I'm semi-happy that my fiance got the DCT (she got it mainly cause she sits in traffic during her commute) and its a hell of a transmisison.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Supposedly the coding to remove it is to disable the clutch switch. I think this also disables hill assist and requires two presses of the start button to start vs one. I don't think everyone has figured out what else it disables. There is no line that suggests disabling rev match and it being disabled is more of a side effect of other features disabled.

Super bummer! I'm semi-happy that my fiance got the DCT (she got it mainly cause she sits in traffic during her commute) and its a hell of a transmisison.
    The clutch switch is overrated anyway.
    Anyone who knows how to drive a manual knows that you have to press the clutch in to start the car anyway, so the switch isn't even necessary.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I beg to differ. Everyone forgets, especially when there are automatics in the family too. Kristen went up over the curb one time in her 135 when she forgot to push in the clutch and I'm old and forgetful
    H&R sport springs,

Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast