Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

NoVAphotog’s ///M Odyssey

Ok. This time it’s for real.

After two failed PPI’s on E46 M3’s and a tease gone wrong with an E32 it was time to abandon the idea of an older BMW (for now).

There were a couple of newer cars I had driven recently that I absolutely loved: the Ford Shelby GT350 and BMW M2.

I wasn’t about to drop 65 thousand dollars so one day I realized that if those two cars procreated...they’d produce an E92 M3. While combining a 50/50 mix of High-revving Naturally Aspirated V8 with BMW refinement and no cars and coffee “crowd control” stigma. It’s also 50% less money.

So the search was on.

It didn’t take long. I had set relatively open parameters especially for coupes. 2011-2013 (LCI), southern car (fuck rust), Under 60k miles, carbon fiber roof, maintenance records, 6-speed manual. Pretty much it. Space gray or blue of any hue. Black interior. The ZCP pack didn’t do much for these so that was take it or leave it.

Ended up finding one on the forums.

2011 E92 M3 6MT
    Space Gray/Black
    Carbon fiber roof
    56,xxx miles
    GA & TX car
    Records to new
    Clean carfax, title
    ZPP
    Heated seats
    No ZCP (Style 359’s added by PO)

I set up a PPI and a started looking at flights.

After a clean bill of health from Bavarian Auto Repair in San Antonio I bought a ticket.

Flew down to San Antonio, Texas on October 11th, 2018 to meet with Rodrigo M3ndoza and check out his 2011 E92 M3.

He picked me up at the airport and Immediately I could tell the PPI report and countless pics he had shared were accurate. It looked like it was brand new.

After a drive around San Antonio and a stop for lunch together it was time to sign the paperwork, shake hands and roll out.

I didn’t have too far to go. My first stop was an hour and a half North on I-35 in one of my favorite cities.

Austin, Texas.
    Last edited by NoVAphotog; 10-14-2018 at 04:32 AM.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

NoVAphotog’s ///M Odyssey

Called my friend Alex in Austin and let him know I was on my way. His 2011 335 was the first BMW I drove back in 2013, also in Austin, so it was fun to think that a few years later here I was with a 2011 BMW of a little bit different variation.

With us both being photographers, upon arrival we immediately went for a drive to find a good spot for pictures. Ended up at the Barton Creek Mall at sunset...

As one can see, that is a pretty big empty parking lot. Traction control may or may not have been disabled and a circle pattern left on the pavement shortly following those pictures...

Afterwards it was back to the city for BBQ at Cooper’s.

Some quick pics of the city and Alex’s Scotch collection...

Course the car looking pretty in the garage...

I then said goodbye and headed to Dallas. A friend there had given a hotel recommendation for the night which I was very grateful for.

The next morning I awoke to some interesting clouds and set sights for Nashville, Tennessee by way of Little Rock, Arkansas.

In Little Rock, I stopped at Central High school. Definitely a powerful spot.

I then headed to the Whole Hog Cafe for some (more BBQ) lunch. Fantastic.

The rest of Arkansas and Tennessee went by without a hitch. I realized lodging in Nashville is not conducive to the “play it by ear” road trip.

Fortunately, found a hotel in Mt. Juliet.

The next day, Saturday the 12th, I set off for Harrisonburg, Virginia and Vas’ house. And ultimately home, if I felt up for it.

Driving through Knoxville and crossing into Virginia brought me back to the road trip in the ZHP. Good memories.

This car is a whole different animal though. On ramps feel like taking off in an airplane. Just revs and revs and revs.

Was great to see Vas and make friends with Steve the cat. Thanks again to Vas and Vika for dinner and the care package!

After loading me up with some food and coffee to go I did push home wanting to sleep in my own bed.

Felt good cruising back into familiar territory on 66. I told my neighbor to keep an eye out for an E92 next to his F80 some day soon.

A spot happened to be open. After 1,516 miles and a year and half without a BMW...It’s good to be back.

Last edited by NoVAphotog; 10-14-2018 at 03:41 AM.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:

Hold2

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    Sold:

Hold3

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    Sold:

Great to see you back and a BIG CONGRATS on the ///M!

Great story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Congrats on the acquisition. Beautiful. Makes me want one. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Adolfo

2004 330Ci ZHP Orient Blue Metallic
    2002 ///M Roadster Steel Grey Metallic
    1988 325is Zinnoberrot
    1974 2002 Atlantik Blau
    2015 X5 ///M Sport Black Sapphire Metallic (Sold May 2018)
    1999 323i Alpine White (Sold June 2010)

I knew it was just a matter of time my friend... congrats!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Glad to see you and be able to catch up Dan.

And thanks for letting me drive it. Definitely a good choice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Congrats on the new car!
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

Sold: '03 ZHP

"There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

Wow, that’s beautiful. Congratulations.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast