Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Kpro's F87 M2 Journey

Got Kristen a few things for the car for Christmas. I really wanted to get the rear spoiler for her (and me!) but it’s pretty expensive and wanted to her to have more than 1 gift to open.
    Got her the ASD bypass harness and a black chrome M2 emblem for the trunk.
    The Emblem came from IND. I’ve mentioned before that the stuff from them is pretty damn expensive but it’s all high quality. You can really tell the difference from the Chinese stuff.
    I really want to see the difference without ASD but I have to take the trunk apart to put it in.
    Hopefully this weekend!

I’m really liking the car without the auto rev matching but to be honest, there are times I want it back. The car needs new pedals to make heal/toe easier.
    I still wish they put a switch or a setting in iDrive. Coding it takes too long to do on the fly

Last edited by Sockethead; 12-26-2018 at 10:13 AM.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Good man, I'm sure she appreciates it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I'm curious about the ASD bypass as well!

Is hill assist still active with the clutch 1st switch disable?

Hopefully, I'll be putting that harness in tomorrow if it's not raining.
    Yes, hill assist is still active. From what I can tell, it only disables rev matching. You have to hit the start button twice though, once to turn the car on, then again to start it. and you have to hold it in slightly longer to get it to fully start. If hit it quickly the second time, it will start then immediately stall. Good theft deterrent! Once you've started it a few times, you get used to it...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Hopefully, I'll be putting that harness in tomorrow if it's not raining.
    Yes, hill assist is still active. From what I can tell, it only disables rev matching. You have to hit the start button twice though, once to turn the car on, then again to start it. and you have to hold it in slightly longer to get it to fully start. If hit it quickly the second time, it will start then immediately stall. Good theft deterrent! Once you've started it a few times, you get used to it...
    That's not too bad then!

It was over 70° today. Perfect weather for working outside on the car. The bypass harness was pretty easy to install. Just had to take out the left side of the trunk liner. It was as easy as unplugging the connector from the amp, plugging that into one end the harness and plugging the other end back into the amp.

How do We like ASD turned off? It’s great! The drone at 3k RPM is gone. Overall, the sound level in the interior is much quieter at all speeds. The motor sounds much better too. IDK why the engineers think that pumping sound into the interior is a good idea.

Now that ASD is turned off and rev match is coded out, we’re really liking the car!
    Can’t wait to start the performance mods.

A few pics:

Lots of electronics under the trunk floor. I also found the little air compressor, fix a flat and little tool thing. Only comes with the tow hook and a combo screwdriver though.

The amp is behind the left wheel well. The ASD amp is the one mounted vertically. In the picture, I’ve already installed the bypass harness. I think a BMW tech wouldn’t even notice it except for that the bypass harness connector at the amp is black.

H&R sport springs,

Awesome. Happy that it is a little more analog now that the fake shit is gone. Can't wait to go for a ride!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Thanks! Come on down!
    H&R sport springs,

Got a chance to drive the car to work today... I'm really liking the car as it sits right now. It sounds great and I'm in control of the throttle instead of trying to figure out what the car want's me to do.
    It's so nice having the drone at 3K RPMs gone. When I drove the car to Savannah last summer, That drone was really annoying. I noticed it didn't change in pitch or volume when I changed modes on the Performance exhaust. I didn't really think about it then but it was the ASD causing the drone. I'm so glad that's gone.

We had our first flat in the car the other day Needed a new tire already! Fortunately, Kristen bought a tire warranty when she bought the car. It just paid for half of itself in 6K miles.
    I don't know why but we've had more flats since moving here than I did in my whole lifetime up north and I'm getting older than dirt. I think were up to 5 flats on the MDX alone...
    H&R sport springs,

good stuff, rob! so glad to hear that you're happy with the car now - and i'm glad to hear about the fixes, as an M2 is a car that will always be on my want list.

what do you think of the fix-a-flat stuff? i bought one of those kits for my 335i. hopefully i won't have to use it. crazy about all the flats you've had since moving!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast