Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Super weird that it’s got that blah feeling for you. But of course, I’ve never driven one. Sucks you all aren’t happy but at least your aren’t in a shallow hole with it and have outs.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Bummer. GL on your decision. E90 M3 sounds good. That one is on my bucket list.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I hate to say it but I think we are at a crossroad with this car. Neither of us are really feeling the love... Can't quite put my finger on it but I think it's because this car has no soul. It's what I would expect from say, a performance Lexus or something. The car is way too computer controlled for a manual transmission. Sure, you can turn DSC completely off to get some control back but then you loose all the feature we like too. The clutch is mush. No feel or feedback at all. The shifting is terrible. Even with the UUC short shifter, we still have trouble finding the gates. Now we know why everyone is buying the DCT... a computer assisted manual isn't fun.

I'm not sure what direction we will go... maybe another X5 and get her out of performance. Or maybe an older touring we can mod. We've talked about a e90 M3...We're even thinking of a diesel. The other thing we could do is fully mod out the M2 and see what its like but IDK if we want to invest the money. Right now, the car holds its maximum value with only 5k on the clock. She got a huge discount on the car so we could still break even...

I know it sounds crazy, we thought we just being too picky but one of her customers has the identical car in white and he complained about the same things and will probably sell his and get a DCT. He only has around 5k on his too...

Thoughts?
    I feel bad you guys don't enjoy the M2 as much as you wanted. I don't think modding the M2 any more would be the smartest choice. Kinda like having kids to "save" the marriage. Spending a lot of money on something is stressful (at least to me) especially if you don't know if it will make you any happier.

E90 M3 would be a really cool ride. Got a couple guys here that have gone that route so I'm sure you would be in good company. Not to mention going back a generation of car would be less computer assisted and the M3 is straight motor with no turbo lag. Supercharger kits for this car are also really nice.

N54's are holding their value and you already know how insanely fun they can be when done right. Even the N55 guys are making big power with a few simple mods.

The only thing that comes to mind when I think RWD, big power and loud is a mustang. Just spit balling here.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post

The only thing that comes to mind when I think RWD, big power and loud is a mustang. Just spit balling here.
    Or Camaro. Hell you could get a 1-2 year old C7 Stingray for M2 money.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Or Camaro. Hell you could get a 1-2 year old C7 Stingray for M2 money.
    If you go Camaro you have to go all out. I had a Camaro RS try to pull on me (in Mexico) at 45mph. I gapped him in 5th gear so badly I saw him pull off into the dealer and watched him sell his shit right there lmaooooo

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    ~Rob~

Sure, you can turn DSC completely off to get some control back but then you loose all the feature we like too.
    Hmm - I thought some of that could be controlled through coding.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I know it's sounds weird and believe me, it was really hard to come to this conclusion. It doesn't help that the 135 has about 100 more HP at the rear wheels, which we know could be easily fixed for about $5K and not void the warranty... but more HP won't take care of the computer control issue... I probably should do some more research on coding... I wish I had the time. I can't even get my own car done.

I was a Ford guy before I got into Bimmers so a Chevy isn't in the cards and Kristen had a few bad experiences with Mustangs so we're going to stick with BMW.. especially since she works at the dealership where labor is $30 per hr .

I'm leaning towards an e90 M3... the V8 in the e53 was amazing and I've been lusting for a V8 forever
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I.....

I know it's sounds weird and believe me, it was really hard to come to this conclusion. It doesn't help that the 135 has about 100 more HP at the rear wheels, which we know could be easily fixed for about $5K and not void the warranty... but more HP won't take care of the computer control issue... I probably should do some more research on coding... I wish I had the time. I can't even get my own car done.

I was a Ford guy before I got into Bimmers so a Chevy isn't in the cards and Kristen had a few bad experiences with Mustangs so we're going to stick with BMW.. especially since she works at the dealership where labor is $30 per hr .

I'm leaning towards an e90 M3... the V8 in the e53 was amazing and I've been lusting for a V8 forever
    E39 M5 would be such a hot upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    ~Rob~

Bummer. Not sure what to get, but few things beat the sound of a good V8.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast