Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    I think you should give coding a try. I found something that would disable the rev matching feature, which I think is your main gripe at this point, correct?
    Disabling the rev matching also disables the "give gas on first gear" feature as well.

Just let me know if you want me to drive down there...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Yes! Link?
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Yes! Link?
    I had edited my post right as you posted yours. Just wanted to make sure you saw the addition. Disabling rev matching also disables the feature where it gives gas as you're starting off in first. I know you hated that as well.

This all requires E-Sys. You'll need an E-NET cable and E-Sys to do the coding. I would love to test it for you as I have the software but I don't have a newer car to do it on.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1418405
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Lol We'd really like for you to drive down here my friend but we should make that in spring at least

Going to read through that post and show it to Kpro as soon as I get a chance...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Ok, I just read through the whole thing... Thanks SO much for finding this BP!!!! We're definitely going to give this a try!

This post from GT6 Racer in that thread pretty much sums up how we feel now and hopefully, we'll like the results as much as he does. We really don't want to sell the car.

Thanks for the post guys. I got my 2018 car back in March, and have been giving the revmatch a shot to see if it gets better with time. It doesn’t. I know some like it, but I hate it - to the point I was considering selling the car. The technology isn’t a bad idea, but the execution is not there. It’s not smart enough to understand how fast I am going to change gears, and release the clutch. It’s too aggressive for around town and too slow for really spirited use. I find myself having to time my actions to match what the car expects - as someone on another forum accurately described I feel like “ a monkey pulling levers”.
    I have tried driving all the time with traction full off, but I like some nannies for everyday driving, and also that mode loses the sport plus throttle that I like.

I turned off the rev match today by coding and the car is hugely improved. Now I can actually drive the car. Confidence to come into a turn on a downshift is back, and the car is now fun to drive. I know what it is going to do. ( am I the only one who has come in hot, banged it down a gear only to have the engine still be revving up as the clutch goes out - it’s scary. )

I like the sport plus throttle ( I know some find it too aggressive ), and now I can drive through town without the embarrassingly huge blip when I go down to second. To me it also feels like the car has stopped playing with the throttle on upshifts too - I find it much easier to drive with smooth changes that I control. Taking off is no issue.

Maybe it’s just me. I’m used to racing vintage where I have to be fast/smooth with the controls to avoid blowing the old gearboxes, so I toe/heel without even thinking. However, for me, This car is much, much better under “manual” throttle control.

Thanks again.

( BTW everything went as expected with the coding. I do now have to hit the start twice, but otherwise no negative impact. I have noticed the clutch needs to held down for a second or two on start, otherwise it will cut out - I assume that’s because it cannot “see” the second clutch switch any more)
    H&R sport springs,

Yeah man - I'd love to come down and code it for you. Just let me know when! Would love to check out the new house as well!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Teamwork! Love it. Good work guys... I hope this coding is the ticket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I think Kristen is going to see if one of the techs is brave enough to try it tomorrow... hopefully, dealership software will be able to do it.
    We 'd love to have you down here too but while it's still a lot warmer down here than up there, it's still winter time. It's a lot more fun when it's warmer
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    Teamwork! Love it. Good work guys... I hope this coding is the ticket!
    That's why I love this place!
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I think Kristen is going to see if one of the techs is brave enough to try it tomorrow... hopefully, dealership software will be able to do it.
    We 'd love to have you down here too but while it's still a lot warmer down here than up there, it's still winter time. It's a lot more fun when it's warmer
    Seriously doubt the dealer will do anything for you. I think this is outside the scope of their capabilities.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast