Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Nice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I coded out the rev matching today using a Veepeak OBDII BT interface and Bimmercode for iPhone. Pretty cool app that can code most modules in the car. It can code most F & G series, i3, i8 and some Minis
    The Veepeak is on Amazon and here's the link to Bimmercode: http://bimmercodeapp.com/

I didn't get a chance to take it on more than a couple mile test drive but it feels like a normal car now. You have to drive it... if that makes sense. It also seems like the revs don't drop as fast but it still chops the throttle in sport+ mode. I need to spend more time in the driver seat. to really figure it out.
    I can't wait to hear what Kristen thinks of it when she drives it to work tomorrow...
    That's awesome. Nice work, Rob!

So the issue was wanting to drive the car in Sport/Sport+ where it turned on the rev-match feature automatically, but disable it like you did? IIRC it is disabled in Normal mode, correct?

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Kpro's F87 M2 Journey

Thanks and a big thanks to BP for posting that link!

Rev match is on every mode unless you turn off DSC completely.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Not on Sport+ though; I think that's the only mode where it's turned off by default. I also believe Sport+ turns off DSC on its own. It really doesn't make any sense; I'd imagine if you're on a track, that's where you'd want the rev match feature.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I'm happy for you guys. Hopefully this makes the car that much more enjoyable!
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Hmm...weird. I remember when I test drove the 2016 model it drove normally on Normal mode and I put it into Sport+ and experienced the rev match feature. Simply turned it off by going back to Normal. They must have changed it.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Thanks Rob! If the wife is happy, I'm happy too... happy wife = happy life

Rev match is on in Sport+. Sport+ only turns off some features of DSC, etc. You have to use the DSC button to turn off everything. To be honest, we never drive the car in normal mode so I'm not sure what's on or off in that mode... I'm going to have to see if I can code it to default in sport+

When driving like a race car, rev matching is great but how many times are we going to do that in every day driving? If we take the car to a track, I'd probably code it back on... at least when I drive it I have good heal & toe skills... all the way back to my trucking days at 18 yrs old but on the track, if you can eliminate that, you can concentrate more on your braking & lines... I have heard someone complain that on the track, the rev matching is too slow but I'd love the opportunity to find out...

Funny that to turn off the rev match you are disabling one of the clutch pedal switches. This changes the behavior of the car starting. It now takes two presses of the start button to start the car and you still have to hold the clutch in. Plus on your second push of the start button, you have to hold it down a little longer. Not a big deal but I still wish there was a button or a setting in iDrive to easily disable it. It takes about 10 minutes to change it through coding because you have to wait for the software to read all the modules, do a backup, then make your changes and write back to the module
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Rev match is on in Sport+. Sport+ only turns off some features of DSC, etc. You have to use the DSC button to turn off everything. To be honest, we never drive the car in normal mode so I'm not sure what's on or off in that mode... I'm going to have to see if I can code it to default in sport+
    That is strange. The F80 M3 is coded to have it enabled in Normal and Sport, but Sport+ disables the rev-matching feature. I wonder why they did it differently for the F87.

When driving like a race car, rev matching is great but how many times are we going to do that in every day driving?
    Should be rev matching every single shift!
    I've been doing this for at least 10 years. I attribute this to being a major reason for why my original clutch still had life on it after getting replaced at 298k miles.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    That is strange. The F80 M3 is coded to have it enabled in Normal and Sport, but Sport+ disables the rev-matching feature. I wonder why they did it differently for the F87.
    The M3 is definitley coded different. We've had a couple of M3/M4 owners try it and they've verified

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Should be rev matching every single shift!
    I've been doing this for at least 10 years. I attribute this to being a major reason for why my original clutch still had life on it after getting replaced at 298k miles.
    I meant who drives like a race car every day... I rev match every shift too... been doing it so long, it's hard not to do it...
    H&R sport springs,

I meant who drives like a race car every day...
    I know a couple of people who do. LOL
    They scare the bejeezus out of me... and refuse to ride with them.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast