Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    bummer. did ModBargains take over M2 production?

Good one!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    bummer. did ModBargains take over M2 production?
    No...Tesla did.
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    The update on the M2 is there is no update. The time line hasn't moved in a month. It supposed to be finished in production this Friday
    Can it be converted to an M2 Competition magically haha.

What are your thoughts on the M2 Competition? Realistically, I think the N55 is a better engine for daily. Everything else seems "fixable" on the current F87.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Can it be converted to an M2 Competition magically haha.

What are your thoughts on the M2 Competition? Realistically, I think the N55 is a better engine for daily. Everything else seems "fixable" on the current F87.
    I know you’re asking Rob, but insomnia + Tapatalk = I’ll chime in!

I’m not sure how much I like it. I agree the N55 is a better DD engine, and frankly I don’t know if 405hp is something I’d actually want. Ive always felt that 350 range is ideal for my skills as a driver (factoring in projected personal growth on the track), as well as just not senselessly blowing through consumables in daily driving. I like that it added the ///M wing mirrors and BMW’s finally giving it an improved interior over the normal 2er, but I don’t like the Competition’s new kidney shape nor how the grilles are connected in the center—yes I know BMW kidney grilles of early years were connected, but they already tried bringing back the roundel beside the Hofmeister kink on the new X2 and that looks terrible also, so maybe not every design needs to be brought back to life. I wish the production run were a little more limited to make it feel a little more special, but with the way BMW is slapping ///M labels on everything these days, I don’t foresee that happening.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post

I’m not sure how much I like it. I agree the N55 is a better DD engine, and frankly I don’t know if 405hp is something I’d actually want. Ive always felt that 350 range is ideal for my skills as a driver (factoring in projected personal growth on the track), as well as just not senselessly blowing through consumables in daily driving. I like that it added the ///M wing mirrors and BMW’s finally giving it an improved interior over the normal 2er, but I don’t like the Competition’s new kidney shape nor how the grilles are connected in the center—yes I know BMW kidney grilles of early years were connected, but they already tried bringing back the roundel beside the Hofmeister kink on the new X2 and that looks terrible also, so maybe not every design needs to be brought back to life. I wish the production run were a little more limited to make it feel a little more special, but with the way BMW is slapping ///M labels on everything these days, I don’t foresee that happening.
    And it weighs 120+ pounds more

Sad to see that 135 go. Welcome (soon) to the M!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Heh, Insomnia... I hear ya! It's 2:45 am

Yea John, it's bittersweet the 135 had been with us a long time. Hopefully it will be as good to Rob as it was to us. Kristen replaced a lot of stuff as preventative maintenance while she had a warranty and new everyone at the BMW dealership back in NJ... all of the problem issues were addressed including new turbos, walnut blasting, injectors, water pump gaskets etc etc..

Ok enough of the nostalgia... we're getting an F'n M2!
    I just looked up the competition package- which will be the only model available once it launches... That's how it should of come out of the factory in the first place. I think BMW is realizing that the M2 is the biggest seller in the M car lineup but I'm not bummed we didn't wait for that.... there is lots you can do for mods with the M2 as it sits now... HP is no problem, the 135 is a prime example... it's last dyno was 405 at the rear wheels which puts it at around 460 hp at the crank. The stock HP was 300. I don't think having a lot of HP is a bad thing as long as it's manageable but that can be hard to do with a turbo. The 135 is scary fast because when it hits, it hits hard and if you're not ready for it, it will scare the shit out of you. On the other hand, if you drive it like a normal person, it drives just like any other car...and gets really good gas mileage. That's the beauty of boost
    Because the M2 has a standard production motor, parts should be much cheaper as well. Suspension and exhaust can all be modded if we want too but why bother? It's a brand new friggin M car! A few tweaks here and there to make it our own and I'll be happy.
    Of course Kristen won't be happy until it has as much HP as the 135 and scrapes the ground... She's already got a wish list as long as my arm!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

if you drive it like a normal person,
    Not.

Bloody.

Likely.

Because the M2 has a standard production motor, parts should be much cheaper as well.
    I never thought about that. I guess in a way its kind of like a ZHP. Standard drivetrain (albeit this one massaged by M) improved to be a better drivers car than the already great driver its based on. I've said it a million times so far and i'll continue to say it over and over- the M2 is the one and only car in their current line up that i'd ever want. Even more, I'm dying for them to release a sedan version.

I read an article last night that said even though the competition was just released, bmw is not stopping their. A CSL version is still slated for 2021. I believe that would end up wit the M3/4's motor. Ooooooooo sign me up.....

http://www.bmwblog.com/2018/02/02/ru...upe-resurface/

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    I've said it a million times so far and i'll continue to say it over and over- the M2 is the one and only car in their current line up that i'd ever want.
    Absolutely this. Everything else I think is way too big. If I wanted something the size of an F30 I’d buy an E39. If I was spending M3/M4 money I’d go Porsche instead. I love BMWs, but with the exception of the M2, BMW lost me after the E-Chassis.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast