Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DC/VA Indy shops?

Anyone have any recommendations for good Indys in the DC area or more specifically west of DC?

I have 3 shadowlone trim clips on the outside around the passenger right rear window that have separated from the trim (the adhesive) and it appears I’ll need to have the trim removed and new clips installed. BMW Sterling wants $150 labor plus the clip parts. Would prefer to spend less than that.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

i think.... vas' house?

(sorry vas )
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I can assist but I am 2 hours south-west from Nova/DC.

FYI, the clips that come unglued from the trim are a pain to glue back on. The best option and the most expensive is to buy that new trim and the new clips that are installed on the car.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    I can assist but I am 2 hours south-west from Nova/DC.

FYI, the clips that come unglued from the trim are a pain to glue back on. The best option and the most expensive is to buy that new trim and the new clips that are installed on the car.

well thats bullshit. i really don't want to/need to replace the trim as its in perfect shape.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    well thats bullshit. i really don't want to/need to replace the trim as its in perfect shape.
    You can try double-sided tape to the clip and then to the trim. This way you won't have to remove the trim from the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    You can try double-sided tape to the clip and then to the trim. This way you won't have to remove the trim from the car.
    i guess ill have to give that one a try. for now, if i hold the trim against the body and close the door, the door holds it in place just fine. luckily i VERY rarely have rear seat passengers.

thanks vas.

that aside, would still be nice to know of a reputable shop or shops in the area for maintenance/emergency stuff that comes up. ill be coming up on needing an oil and filter change here in about 2k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    i guess ill have to give that one a try. for now, if i hold the trim against the body and close the door, the door holds it in place just fine. luckily i VERY rarely have rear seat passengers.

thanks vas.

that aside, would still be nice to know of a reputable shop or shops in the area for maintenance/emergency stuff that comes up. ill be coming up on needing an oil and filter change here in about 2k miles.
    I am still somewhat planning a Spring Maintenance meet. Nothing set in stone but just the idea has been tossed around.

I’ll keep an eye out for it

Most use shops for mechanical stuff. I don't know if I want to pay someone north of $100/hr to be scratching his head over trim clips, unless they've seen it enough to have a true solution. Check with RRT - they're close to you: http://www.rrtautomotive.com/
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

I suggest you check with a body shop.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast