Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Modbargains Shipping Delays?

Has anybody here ordered from Modbargains recently?

I decided to pull the trigger on a set of Sportline 8s wheels; placed the order on March 2nd. Almost immediately afterwards, the general manager emailed me to say the shipment was due mid-March, and the wheels would ship by the end of the month. My credit card was charged in full on March 2nd. It's now April 2nd and I have not received the wheels, nor an update on the status of my order.

I emailed the general manager last Friday and have not received a response. I'm on the fence relative to calling & cancelling the order.

Anyone else have recent experiences with them?

Ugh! don't get me started on these people
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...rgains-debacle
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    Has anybody here ordered from Modbargains recently?

I decided to pull the trigger on a set of Sportline 8s wheels; placed the order on March 2nd. Almost immediately afterwards, the general manager emailed me to say the shipment was due mid-March, and the wheels would ship by the end of the month. My credit card was charged in full on March 2nd. It's now April 2nd and I have not received the wheels, nor an update on the status of my order.
    I emailed the owner of Modbargains.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Ugh! don't get me started on these people
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...rgains-debacle
    Wish I had seen that thread before I ordered.

704sw ordered his from them and didn’t have any problems so I figured it was safe. I don’t mind waiting a few weeks for something, as long as I have a definite ship date.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I emailed the owner of Modbargains.
    Do you have a relationship with them?

I drafted an email to Alan Wei, cc’ing Ron Hay, but I haven’t sent it yet. Figured I’d give Alan the benefit of the doubt first - i.e; maybe he wasn’t in Friday and hasn’t got through all of his weekend emails yet. I’ll hit ‘send’ in the morning so it doesn’t get lost in tonight’s emails...

I’m going to move pretty quickly on this if I don’t get a concrete ship date within 24hrs; Credit card company is on speed dial and I’m going to dispute the purchase because this is starting to smell fishy. Most retailers won’t charge your credit card until the product ships.

i just looked them up on the BBB and see that there were a few complaints from 2013 and 2015.

By last Friday, I guess I was assuming the Friday (before last). I would say give it a day or two.

I'm not super supportive of the whole "let's charge the guys account even though we don't have the product" idea. For a month.

Please update this thread when you receive a response.... Positive or negative.

Thank you

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Please update this thread when you receive a response.... Positive or negative.
    Will do.

I just finished reading through that other thread, and while I’m happy for them that it was resolved, I’m not waiting five months to get this figured out.

Modbargains doesn't have a great reputation and has been banned from several forums. I liked their lightweight Sportline 8s CSL reps and decided to give them a chance. Pre-sales was great. The guy I was working with knew fitment, and we discussed how aggressively I wanted to push the wheel/tire width. I ended up ordering a wheel and PSS tire combo, road force balanced and shipped to the door. Excellent up to this point. I mean, I was thinking I couldn't be working with the same company with the negative reviews. While I had the wheels off, I thought it was the perfect time to wash, clay, and seal them. I quickly realized the finish wasn't perfect on the new wheels. I had areas that were glossy and slick as glass and other areas where it looked like there was no clear coat or clear coat overspray and the texture was rough. I took photos where the front of the spoke was glossy and the sides were dull and sent those to the rep.

I'll not go into all the details and back and forth, but I'll just put it this way about MY personal experience with ModBargains. They are like fair weather friends. When things go as planned, they are great, friendly, good communication. When there is a problem that will cost them money or cause them to break even, they turn their backs. My rep supposedly went up the food chain with my issue and I was promised they would make it right, but they never did a thing. In the end, I took care of it myself, and wrote it off as experience/lesson learned.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Now I wish I had asked the question before placing my order. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Maybe others who are thinking about buying from Modbargains will read this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
    My rep supposedly went up the food chain with my issue and I was promised they would make it right, but they never did a thing. In the end, I took care of it myself, and wrote it off as experience/lesson learned.
    Unbelievable. I hope Mike Brown visits this thread and responds to me appropriately via email. I'd like to hear his explanation.

I have been in contacts with Elliot. I too ordered Sportline 8S's, and Elliot said he believes they came in today. I assume your order would go under the same rule. When I placed my order on the 26th, I was told the wheels were on order to come in this week. If I don't see them by the end of next week, do you know anywhere else Sportline's can be purchased? I thought I looked everywhere.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast