Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Unbelievable. I hope Mike Brown visits this thread and responds to me appropriately via email. I'd like to hear his explanation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Is Mike Brown still co-owner/CEO? He appears in the video about rotary forging but I don't see him listed on the company contacts page.

(Edit; I emailed the general manager and cc'd Ron and Mike this morning...)

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post

I'll not go into all the details and back and forth, but I'll just put it this way about MY personal experience with ModBargains. They are like fair weather friends. When things go as planned, they are great, friendly, good communication. When there is a problem that will cost them money or cause them to break even, they turn their backs. My rep supposedly went up the food chain with my issue and I was promised they would make it right, but they never did a thing. In the end, I took care of it myself, and wrote it off as experience/lesson learned.
    My wife's sales rep went as far as harassing her and threatening her if she didn't take down her negative post.... When he knew she was in the hospital and had just given birth to twins by emergency C section!!!! Now you all know our hatred for this company. As part of our agreement\resolution, I demanded that this sales rep apologize to my wife.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    Is Mike Brown still co-owner/CEO? He appears in the video about rotary forging but I don't see him listed on the company contacts page.

(Edit; I emailed the general manager and cc'd Ron and Mike this morning...)
    Not sure...

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

The GM just emailed me... Below is a summary of our emails to date, minus personal info/sigs..

This puts me in a difficult position; I want the wheels and I'm willing to give them another week or two (probably will be two...these things always take longer) but I'm worried the statute of limitations with my credit card company will run out if I want to dispute the charges at that time. (i.e.; if they don't deliver in 2 weeks because 'the wheels were delayed by customs' or some other excuse.)

I'm going to call my cc company and see what they say.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 2:00 PM, <Alan> wrote:
    Hey Chris,
    Container has landed in the USA as of 3/31 and is currently awaiting US customs clearance. Once they arrive at Sportline they will need to be checked in for inventory and then shipped out from there on. I would say it would be about another 1-2 weeks or so as we do not have control over the US custom clearance time frame.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 9:02 AM, <Chris> wrote:
    Alan,

Following up again...

You accepted my payment of $1,160.00 on March 2nd. It is April 3rd; I have not received the order, nor have I been updated relative to it's status.

Please advise asap.

-Chris

--
    On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 9:09 AM, <Chris> wrote:
    Alan,

It's the end of the month... Please advise regarding the status of my order.

Thanks,
    Chris

--
    On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 11:33 AM, <Alan> wrote:
    Hey Chris,
    The special order form is only valid for the duration of the special order. It would not be valid for longer than expected ETAs for example and I would not hold you to that. Again the ETAs provided is March for the container arrival so things will arrive and ship out this month. If that gets delayed for whatever reason, I will definitely keep you in the loop and at that time if you don't want to proceed, I would be willing to refund you the amount paid.

--
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    If I don't see them by the end of next week, do you know anywhere else Sportline's can be purchased? I thought I looked everywhere.
    As far as I know, they are made exclusively for Modbargains by Forgestar.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Just to add my final comment on this... I never posted my negative experience with Modbargains until now. I had been given fair warning to avoid them, but I thought maybe it was just one bad event that had happened in the past (there were credit card issues), and let's face it, there are always exceptions where a small percentage of folks have a bad experience with an otherwise good company, and basically no one would use them on the forums I was frequenting, anyway, so no need to warn others there.

And here is my first communication with the co-founder. I took the time to brag on his employee, because he had done a great job:

Good afternoon. I wanted to take a moment to "XXXXX" the praises of XXXX XXXXX. I was looking for a specific fitment of your Sportline 8s for my Z4M roadster. We started with a simple order, but the conversation quickly grew into a more complex discussion around tire specifications and offsets. XXXX was very patient to take me through the various fitments available and provided me with samples he had from your site and forums I frequent. He reassured me that I was getting a fitment that would look great and meet my criteria of not overly aggressive and no rubbing.

XXXX is an asset to your business, and please give him a pat on the back for me.

I'll share pics of the wheels when they come in, though they will initially be on stock suspension. I'll update the pics once I lower the car. Per XXXX's suggestion, I'll also share my experience on Yelp.

Best regards,
    John
    and here is the response I received:

John,

Thank you! I really appreciate that you took the time to email me the positive review. I completely agree with you that XXXX XXXXX is an absolute rockstar and asset to the business!! I am going to share this not only with XXXX, but with our whole team of 25 people. Once again I really appreciate it!

Also if you're a member of any forums, facebook groups, yelp, or google reviews - posting this review publicly makes a huge difference! What you say about us means 500x more than what we say about ourselves!

Best Regards,

Mike Brown
    Co-Founder & CEO
    Anyway, after a couple of weeks of back and forth, the final email came admitting that their entire stock of Sportline 8s in silver in the size I needed was bad and a promise to do something to make it right, but they never came back with any kind of resolution, and I just decided it wasn't worth the negative emotions to fight with them.

Heard back from them finally - He is going to talk to the owner of Forgestar for another solution but in the mean time I think you are good to mount them on your car.

I just double checked the rest of inventory for 19x9.5 in Silver and they're all like that. The windows are more rough than the surface. Let me talk to Vince and see what we can do. Maybe we can swap him out later when we get new parts in or something. Thank you.
    So, take it for what's worth, and as my attorney friends like to say, "Be governed accordingly."
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

I avoid ModBargains and AutoAnything...

Ugh....

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Looks like I'm out if luck with Mikey.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
    As far as I know, they are made exclusively for Modbargains by Forgestar.
    I ran across another retailer earlier today but can’t find it now... I’ll post if I find it again.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast