Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

FS: M3 Engine Mounts

I have a pair of M3 engine mounts (Lemforder) that were only installed for a few weeks, so basically good as new. They're a solid upgrade for non-M cars.

$80 shipped for the pair

ECS Product Page

Compared to OE non-M mounts:

these things are awesome and worth the money any day of the week.

free bump for the pizza man.

it probably didn't need a bump after 17 minutes. oops.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I have a pair of M3 engine mounts (Lemforder) that were only installed for a few weeks, so basically good as new. They're a solid upgrade for non-M cars.

$80 shipped for the pair

ECS Product Page

Compared to OE non-M mounts:

Why are you not using them? Did you go poly?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    these things are awesome and worth the money any day of the week.

free bump for the pizza man.

it probably didn't need a bump after 17 minutes. oops.
    Lol thx Peterman
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Why are you not using them? Did you go poly?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    The throttle response was nice, but I'm more sensitive to NVH and didn't like the added noise through the frame. I went back to my OE mounts which were surprisingly in great shape. I have this car set up for DD comfort with occasional hoonage and adding any amount of NVH isn't an option for me.

GLWS

I'm surprised it added any significant NVH at all.

That is very surprising about the additional NVH. I swapped my M3-like mounts for Vibratechnics in the Z4M, and didn't get much more NVH, but it sure made the car tight.

http://www.vibra-technics.com/bmw/z4...t_engine_mount

GLWS
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    GLWS

i would say that nate and i are on par with each other for 'sensitivity,' but our end goals are entirely different. he wants supple and isolated, i want responsive and maybe a bit edgy - without undue NVH. kinda hard sometimes.

all that said, nate DD's his car - and in an urban environment - so his concerns are much more valid than mine. i work from home, and live in the sticks, so when i take my car out it's purely for errands/enjoyment/kid shuttle or driving 5hrs to/from toronto for work, 1x per week or two. i'm not sitting in traffic.

in conclusion: i love the M3 mounts, they are the perfect street mount in my opinion. more NVH? slightly. worth it? heck yes.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    GLWS

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
    That is very surprising about the additional NVH. I swapped my M3-like mounts for Vibratechnics in the Z4M, and didn't get much more NVH, but it sure made the car tight.

http://www.vibra-technics.com/bmw/z4...t_engine_mount

GLWS
    It is definitely not significant. No vibrations or anything, just the sound of the engine through the frame. I don't think anyone else would notice it, but it made my ZHP sound like my e36 M3 and it bothered me.
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i would say that nate and i are on par with each other for 'sensitivity,' but our end goals are entirely different. he wants supple and isolated, i want responsive and maybe a bit edgy - without undue NVH. kinda hard sometimes.

all that said, nate DD's his car - and in an urban environment - so his concerns are much more valid than mine. i work from home, and live in the sticks, so when i take my car out it's purely for errands/enjoyment/kid shuttle or driving 5hrs to/from toronto for work, 1x per week or two. i'm not sitting in traffic.

in conclusion: i love the M3 mounts, they are the perfect street mount in my opinion. more NVH? slightly. worth it? heck yes.
    Exactamundo. Peterman is super sensitive to drivetrain slop, while I am super sensitive to NVH. I love his Growlour, but it would be my daily driving nightmare. I'm sure he would feel the same about my car: "comfortable, quiet, sloppy as frig!"

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Exactamundo. Peterman is super sensitive to drivetrain slop, while I am super sensitive to NVH. I love his Growlour, but it would be my daily driving nightmare. I'm sure he would feel the same about my car: "comfortable, quiet, sloppy as frig!"
    ha. that's what i have the X3 for. aside from FSDs and eibachs, it's staying totally stock. so comfy and quiet.

i totally get why you like your DD that way.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport