Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

New line of shocks from Koni - Koni Special Active the successor of FSD's

As some might have noticed, Koni FSD shocks are being discontinued which for me was sad news because I loved them on my old ZHP.

I got it touch with Koni in the Netherlands and exchanged few emails on this topic as I was checking if FSD shocks were still available for E39 M5.
    I have no plans of changing struts on my M5 soon but I was checking for my buddy who's shopping around and I wanted to know what's out there as FSD's would be my first pick.

Good news is that Koni confirmed they will be introducing the successor of FSD, i.e. Special Active for the E46 models!
    They said more information will be available on their website beginning of next week.

Sadly, E39 540i/M5 won't be seeing this new line of shocks due to low demand. They would need a firm order of at least 50 sets to produce them for E39 V8's which I think will be hard to achieve with the M5 crowd.

Other than this promo video, I couldn't find additional info on Special Active for now but stay tuned.

Thanks for the info. I have had this on the back of my mind since the post about them making the new line in red. I'm due for struts and shocks, and this is high on the list as a replacement.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Intriguing!
    2004 BMW 330i M-sport 6MT
    2003.5 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT

Thank you for shearing the info.
    I am planing to change my shocks this year and it's definitely will be Koni. Now I have to stay tuned and follow news from Koni

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I jumped on the FSD set prior to discontinuation. Probably won't be installing them for a year or so (60K on the coupe) - hope I don't regret them vs. waiting for the new product!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

i have to say, that is the WORST promo video ever made.

but i am interested to see what the features look like for the new line... the FSDs had 'new' technology for a mass-produced damper, but no one else has really offered anything similar.

FCM (Fat Cat Motorsports) in california does custom bilstein revalves and spring/vehicle/damper harmony tuning which introduce all sorts of awesome tech that i would LOVE to take part in, but they are very expensive (at least $2K, just for the service - the customer supplies the dampers). but if they ride and handle like i imagine they do, they are probably worth it.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I'll update the thread once they post more info on their website. Should be interesting to see what the new line brings us.

I must have another ZHP sooner or later so I'm following this closely.

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    I jumped on the FSD set prior to discontinuation. Probably won't be installing them for a year or so (60K on the coupe) - hope I don't regret them vs. waiting for the new product!
    I really don't think you'll regret FSD's. Many members here including myself love them.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i have to say, that is the WORST promo video ever made.
    I have to agree, pretty crappy promo video.

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Could be sooner than you expect- my rears went out at 54,000. Replaced w/FSD's and yes, I'm a fan.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Additional info from their website - https://www.koni.com/en-US/Cars/Prod...pecial-Active/

KONI Special ACTIVE is the next generation of premium shock absorbers that offer superior handling without compromise. It is the latest advancement in the KONI product portfolio. Utilizing the most recent generation of KONI’s patented Frequency Selective Damping technology, it controls large body motions and cornering forces but smooths expansion joints and rough roads for improved comfort.

Advantages of Special Active Shock Absorbers
    • KONI’s latest generation of Frequency Selective Damping Technology
    • Improves safety and road holding
    • Technology proven on over 1.5 million factory equipped vehicles
    • Secure and stable feeling for spirited driving
    • Unrivaled aftermarket solution can be fitted to most new and older cars
    • Driving refinement for cars, trucks, SUVs, etc.
    • Technology that rivals expensive Original Equipment electronic systems
    • Performance for driver and comfort for passengers in one

As expected it's the latest generation of their FSD technology. The most noticeable difference I see at the moment is that they are not gold anymore but red.

Per their online catalog, parts number for E46 are the same as for the previous FSD shocks.

Front struts for E46 sedan/coupe - 8745-1022L & 8745-1022R
    Rear shocks for E46 sedan - 8245-1023
    Rear shocks for E46 coupe - 8245-1024

Thanks for the continued updates. I believe I'll be going with these VS stock when I replace the suspension.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast