Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, wanted to see if any users could share their thoughts on this new product.

Thanks.

Glad you bumped this. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on these. My suspension has 120k original miles on it, so I can't wait.

There seems to be some confusion out there about whether or not these would work with the ZHP/sport suspension. It turns out that there is a specific product number for a set tailored to the lower suspension: 8745 1022LKT. Maybe the "L" is for lowered? I see them at Turner and ECS for $526.64. That's a pretty sweet deal.

My only hesitation is because I'm still on the fence regarding whether or not I want to lower the stance a little. These should be stock height. Based on how noisy and crappy the suspension is right now, I think I'll be ecstatic either way.

They’re great, they ride really nice on the highway!
    The Red looks nice too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ciaci View Post
    Glad you bumped this. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on these. My suspension has 120k original miles on it, so I can't wait.

There seems to be some confusion out there about whether or not these would work with the ZHP/sport suspension. It turns out that there is a specific product number for a set tailored to the lower suspension: 8745 1022LKT. Maybe the "L" is for lowered? I see them at Turner and ECS for $526.64. That's a pretty sweet deal.

My only hesitation is because I'm still on the fence regarding whether or not I want to lower the stance a little. These should be stock height. Based on how noisy and crappy the suspension is right now, I think I'll be ecstatic either way.
    You definitely wouldn't want to go with any sort of lowering spring with these shocks. The stock ZHP springs allow just enough travel for these to absorb big hits without hitting the bump stops.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    You definitely wouldn't want to go with any sort of lowering spring with these shocks. The stock ZHP springs allow just enough travel for these to absorb big hits without hitting the bump stops.
    Thanks. I agree with you 100%. I wasn't clear in my previous post... I'm on the fence on whether I want to keep the original springs and use the Special Active kit or go with something like Koni Sport or Bilstein B8 and lowering springs. Definitely leaning towards keeping my springs and getting the Special Actives though.

BTW, I like how the black grills stand out on imola red. I have them on my black coupe for now.

How do they do on rough roads?

Quote Originally Posted by d-rod View Post
    They’re great, they ride really nice on the highway!

Just ordered mine for total of $498 fronts from europarts and rears from tire rack ............

Damn, that is a good deal ^
    Very glad I stumbled apon this post. The FSDs are (were) my favorite for the ZHP and has been on my to do list for awhile.

Do you know if these maintain the stock ride height of the ZHP suspension, or do they lower some?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Johnzerd1 View Post
    Just ordered mine for total of $498 fronts from europarts and rears from tire rack ............
    That is a killer deal. I paid $523 for the FSD kit and that was after stacking 4 different discounts/coupons on top of the sale price.

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    Damn, that is a good deal ^
    Very glad I stumbled apon this post. The FSDs are (were) my favorite for the ZHP and has been on my to do list for awhile.

Do you know if these maintain the stock ride height of the ZHP suspension, or do they lower some?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    The ride height is determined by the springs and these shocks/struts are a direct replacement for the OE, so no change in ride height.

New line of shocks from Koni - Koni Special Active the successor of FSD's

Just to throw in my experience... Koni FSDs are the best for ZHPs driven in town and on the highway.

The Koni yellows are a bit stiffer more like bilstein HDs.

Koni FSDs are so smooth for in town driving however immediately stiffen up when cornering hard. These make the ZHP ride better than a new 3 series. Add Michelin AS3s or PS4s, e63 M6 seats and the ride is phenomenally smooth!

I have done all of this and added a front dinan strut bar and now I would rather have my zhp vs a new 3 non-M series.
    1980 320i - Kashmir Metallic - Sold in 1993
    1985 535i - Cosmosblau Metallic - Sold in 1995
    1985 535i - 1985-06 - Delphin Metallic - Sold in 2016
    1983 320i - 1982-09 - Kashmir Metallic - Currently own!
    2004 ZHP - 2003-08 - Titanium Metallic - Currently own!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast