Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Oltorf View Post
    Just an update - The DVR system plugs into the CCD RCA cable, not the DVR RCA cable. It's working now.
    I have pulled the trigger on the Avant-3 for my X5 and really want the DVR setup. The new A3 is coming in mid January so I am researching all my options and formulating my installation plan. I read you had issues when applying reverse and got a black screen. The cable relocation to the CCD RCA cable from the DCR RCA fixed your problem? I have looked everywhere for proper wiring for the DVR into the Avant-3, if you wouldn't mind please let me know.

Front camera + rear camera. Is there a splitter on one specific harness or do they plug into separate jacks? The front DVR cameras shown on their site Model: DDVR-CAMHD1 show a USB connection so I am confused. Model: BMWDVR002 shows a completely different wiring harness adding to my confusion. Does the CAN Bus adapter automatically define reverse or did you need to wire into any reverse light trigger?

Thank you for your time Oltorf

Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
    I have pulled the trigger on the Avant-3 for my X5 and really want the DVR setup. The new A3 is coming in mid January so I am researching all my options and formulating my installation plan. I read you had issues when applying reverse and got a black screen. The cable relocation to the CCD RCA cable from the DCR RCA fixed your problem? I have looked everywhere for proper wiring for the DVR into the Avant-3, if you wouldn't mind please let me know.

Front camera + rear camera. Is there a splitter on one specific harness or do they plug into separate jacks? The front DVR cameras shown on their site Model: DDVR-CAMHD1 show a USB connection so I am confused. Model: BMWDVR002 shows a completely different wiring harness adding to my confusion. Does the CAN Bus adapter automatically define reverse or did you need to wire into any reverse light trigger?

Thank you for your time Oltorf
    Yes, moving the reverse cable to the CCD jack fixed the reverse camera problem.

They supply a harness for the front/rear camera. They don't really specify what goes where but the jacks will only connect to the ones they're supposed to. It's not hard to figure out. I'd add to make sure you have a good connection to the reverse wire in the car. I don't think I do and it acts like the recording program just started every few minutes, which is annoying. Also the SD card goes into the front camera itself, not the head unit.

Good luck with it. I had to uninstall mine like 10 times to get it right. They are kind of glitchy units.

Also there's a new one coming out in Jan? updated hardware or what?
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Yeah, Avant-3 V3 has 4GB RAM now from the 2GB initially. Also running Android 8.0 Oreo.

I see on the website the DVR option ($99) comes with the reverse camera. I got my own reverse camera which is much smaller than the ones they offer. I installed it and tested it with a monitor so the connection is good. How did you wire the power to your rear cam? I am planning on 12V switched power when the ignition is in position 1 or position 2. Did you wire your rear camera power to the reverse lights? How would it be powered on in a normal driving recording mode without being in reverse?

Name:  74948d1544296203-what-did-you-do-your-e53-today-20181208_121617.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  101.3 KB

Name:  74949d1544296203-what-did-you-do-your-e53-today-20181208_133955.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  115.4 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12