Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I had the secondary O2 sensors and SAP completely coded out like they were never there...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

schmiedmann makes some nice headers, with optional 'section 1' (M3-speak) piping with high flow cats. looks like a decent option, but i'm not sure the cats will get hot enough to do anything.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I have the ebay headers with DEI Titanium wrap on my ZHP. They make a nice difference across the power band and sound great on the car with the stock ZHP cat-back. The CEL is the only downside...

^^ that's stock muffler?? I'm doing this soon and...damn maybe I won't also do a muffler.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Hahahaha!

You can have someone tune/code the car so it disables the post catalytic monitoring and shows the readiness signal as N/A, thus avoiding any check engine lights and emissions failures.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    This is the way to do it. Code out the CEL and you're good to go until you have to pass emissions.

If you need to pass emissions like I do, Google area 74 o2 simulator. It's effectively saved the N55 crowd from the government nonsense. Works on any vehicle.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    ^^ that's stock muffler?? I'm doing this soon and...damn maybe I won't also do a muffler.
    Yep, and that's through a camera phone! You can see the stock ZHP exhaust tips in the video. The sounds are even better under load at full tilt...

Quote Originally Posted by idrivemyself View Post
    Yep, and that's through a camera phone! You can see the stock ZHP exhaust tips in the video. The sounds are even better under load at full tilt...
    I saw that but I honestly couldn't believe it. That sounds fricken fantastic! Congrats! I'm installing mine this weekend but am also going to put in a magna flow muffler. Now I'm worried it'll be too loud!

Thank you! I've long debated replacing the stock primary resonator with an x-pipe, but with the sound as-is...

Good luck with yours, post a video after it's done!

Header install delayed. Basically pulled every muscle in my body doing misc work on my car and a friends. Headers install next time I have energy! I'll make sure to post a clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    This is the way to do it. Code out the CEL and you're good to go until you have to pass emissions.

If you need to pass emissions like I do, Google area 74 o2 simulator. It's effectively saved the N55 crowd from the government nonsense. Works on any vehicle.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    necro thread....

might have a set of headers available, but I'm confused about the above. If I code out the post cat sensors (Kassel EU2 tune), would the simulators still be needed?
    ZHP beater

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast