Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    That is really nice looking. Not as nice as your crotch shot in the reflection of the car on the up close pic of the new kidney grills .
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    That is really nice looking. Not as nice as your crotch shot in the reflection of the car on the up close pic of the new kidney grills .
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Hahaha!!! No way! I didn't even notice that, clearly! That's rich, might have to update that one
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    Surprised at how little these cars are selling for! I just searched a few of the major used car listings; Under $15k for a 550i M sport with 80-100k miles seems to be the going rate, which sounds like a great deal.

What are the known issues with these cars?
    I thought the same thing! This was on the lot for $16.9, walked away at $11k due to a solid friend hookup who knew the GM. The major problem area I've heard about is the coolant pipe, runs along the top of the engine under the manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Yep, it looks like a factory feature designed as a mini tribute to the M5.
    Exactly what I was going for And soon they'll be functional as well

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    Thats one good looking car and a nice upgrade. Congrats to you! Why is the E60 so polarizing? Some angles really dont do it any favors. And then you see an M-sport or M5 and all is right in the world.
    Completely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by PetesZ View Post
    Great pick up. I daily drive a 2008 550i Msport.
    Mine has a heads up display and nav. Going to have a hard time ever giving that up.

I actually get great gas mileage on mine. 26-27 on highway and 21-22 around town.

A couple of the standard maintenance items really suck. The alternator bracket gasket is a joy to behold. Also the valve cover gasket suck a mean one.

Just got done with swapping out the cooling pipe. Highly recommend the AGA replacement pipe kit. Those guys rock.

Overall I love the car beast on the highway just gets up and rolls. I expect you will have a great time with it.

I’ll have to look at the deck spoiler

Pete

About the only thing I hate is that the stock exhaust is way too quiet. The ZHP exhaust sound is amazingly better.
    Attachment 32750
    Gorgeous car! Is that carbon black? I have no idea in hell how you're able to get anywhere even near the 20's for city mileage, I'm like 12-14, which is what the OE specs are. Freeway miles aren't bad though, almost equal to the ZHP

What is this alternator bracket gasket?? How'd the coolant pipe DIY go? Or did you have it done? And how do you know when it's going out/bad? Do you have a link for the AGA kit?

And yes, it's a straight beast when you want it to be. The one thing that really bothers me is the throttle response, it's absurdly mushy unless you stand on it from a stop. In Sport mode, it's waaaaay better, but I think it could still be improved. I've been looking into the Sprint booster actually

Naturally I'll snap and post some pics of both spoilers once I get them back, hoping by Friday!!
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Yeah, let me get on the comp and I’ll get those links. I used the pelican write up for the alt bracket gasket and all German auto has a couple of videos.

For throttle response reset the throttle and transmission adaptions. Also you can update to the latest software and it is a ton better.

The alt bracket gasket about killed me. Had to do it three times. Much much easier after you know what to do. The cooling pipe was not too bad. You will know it is going bad by a weep coming out of the piss hole on the thermostat housing.

Pete

Oh yeah one of the first things I did was replace the ccv gaskets. Eas as crap on the e60 8 banger

AGA kit. Definitely get the kit. Hardest part is making sure the gasket lays flat

http://www.agatools.com/part/bmw-n62...ipe-gasket-kit

I forget who I got this from.
    http://www.bimmerworld.com/Engine/Cr...058-Bosch.html
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Yes, leave it to BMW to make an alternator bracket with oil running through it.

(Note to self: Always proof read pictures for reflections and unwanted items in the background before posting)
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Yes, leave it to BMW to make an alternator bracket with oil running through it.

(Note to self: Always proof read pictures for reflections and unwanted items in the background before posting)
    Hey at least my beans weren't hanging out haha!
    2016 BMW M340i

2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Yeah, let me get on the comp and I’ll get those links. I used the pelican write up for the alt bracket gasket and all German auto has a couple of videos.

1. For throttle response reset the throttle and transmission adaptions. Also you can update to the latest software and it is a ton better.

2. The alt bracket gasket about killed me. Had to do it three times. Much much easier after you know what to do. The cooling pipe was not too bad. You will know it is going bad by a weep coming out of the piss hole on the thermostat housing.

Pete

3. Oh yeah one of the first things I did was replace the ccv gaskets. Easy as crap on the e60 8 banger

AGA kit. Definitely get the kit. Hardest part is making sure the gasket lays flat

http://www.agatools.com/part/bmw-n62...ipe-gasket-kit

I forget who I got this from.
    http://www.bimmerworld.com/Engine/Cr...058-Bosch.html
    Okay, great info, but I need more details please!

1. Reset the throttle and transmission adaptions. How do I do this? Also you can update to the latest software and it is a ton better. Is this an indy/dealership job? Do I just ask them to update the DME software?

2. Alt bracket. How will I know this needs to be replaced? Coolant pipe. I'll keep an eye out for that leak

3. Replace the CCV gaskets. What is the need to replace these, and how do I know if it needs it? Is this a standard preventative maint item, or does it help performance as well?

Thanks for the links!

It feels so weird being the new guy in town again, I don't like it haha. I know E46 like the back of my hand and have done nearly every job possible on them, but I know nothing about the N62 V8... So I appreciate the help!!
    2016 BMW M340i

2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

No worries. I had the black car almost 3 years now.

I did the alt gasket as preventative maintenance. But it will have an oil leak on the driver side down low. If it is dry leave it alone. I did the timing chain cover gaskets while I was there.

I have a Fox well nt510 and it will reset those adaptations.

The new software is an Indy or dealer item. Mine charged an hour or so of labor.

The ccv vent should be done every 50k.
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

About the only thing I hate is that the stock exhaust is way too quiet. The ZHP exhaust sound is amazingly better.
    I agree with you here as well. I looked into maybe getting the RPI axle back, Sounds nice and clean. But for $1k I'm not sure it's worth it, unless I could find a used one for around $500.

https://www.trinityautosport.com/e60...895432559.html

I have a Foxwell nt510 and it will reset those adaptations.
    So you have one of these? What else can it do? is it worth the $180?
    https://www.amazon.com/FOXWELL-Profe...well+nt510+bmw

https://www.amazon.com/FOXWELL-Autom...well+nt510+bmw
    2016 BMW M340i

2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast