Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BerDz3nA View Post
    Greetings long time no update After i went fully stock on my ZHP, i found a guy was selling his E46 330 Gruppe M air filter. I couldn't miss the chance and i bought it. I was looking for one since i bought the car. The sound is amazing like a V8 and when accelerating it's got a nice whistle sound.

In the nearest future i am planning on installing the headers, but at the moment i am looking for a ebay header that doesn't need welding and it's bolt on. As you saw in my previous posts the previous headers was a headache since i modified three O2 sensor ports and still wouldn't work.

Attachment 34306
    Attachment 34307
    PLEASE let me know if you discover headers!! I've been looking for a bolt on for a long time

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

GruppeM intake is one of my favorite mods on my car.

Greetings guys long time no post
    I have been busy working on my new project, a bigger throttle body, yeap you heard it right, i am keeping on going to finish the project.

For the moment my car specs are:

2004 ZHP M/T, I have installed japanese OEM exhaust manifold with catalytic converter and Gruppe M Intake.
    I decided to install the N52B30 throttle body, which is 76mm in comparison with ZHP's 68mm (Check the first image for comparison). I could go on installing the E60 545 Throttle Body but it is way too big at 80mm.

The N52B30 throttle body plug adapter is the same as the ZHP's, so there is no problem in hooking up the plug. The problem is that you need a spacer, because only two holes can be used to mount the throttle body onto the intake manifold. The other two should be mounted onto the spacer. Also you need to enlarge the diameter of the intake manifold because as i mentioned the throttle body is bigger, the inner diameter is 76mm. I bought a separate intake manifold to work at home, because i wouldn't be able to enlarge the intake manifold diameter attached it onto the car. I used high heat grade sealant when i installed the spacer on it, let it dry for a few days. The spacer specs are 10cm*11cm*1.1cm. As for the throttle body boot, I used Ford Mondeo 1.6 1992 intake boot (p/n: 93bb-9c623-gad05wa), it is exactly 76mm and 90mm on the other end. The problem is that it has no hose ports to connect the idle valve and the vacuum hose. So i fabricated a 90mm diameter, 10cm long aluminium pipe, and welded inside two aluminium hoses to attached the idle valve and vacuum hose. I bought curved hose for idle valve i don't know that car's was and i installed a longer hose. I also bought a second Ford intake boot cut it to use as a connector between the MAF and the Gruppe M, and then i used gruppe m silicone tube to connect aluminium pipe and the other end of MAF. After i finished installing everything i smoked tested the intake to make sure air wasn't able to get in between connections, and everything worked like a clock At the moment i am not sure if i gained anything, but i am pretty sure that my throttle response is much better and sharper, also the gruppe m started sounding meaner.

Ok as for the pros and cons from first experience

Pros:

Better throttle response
    Better sound with gruppe m

Cons:

You cannot attach the cables coming from DME that used to be bolt on the idle valve as the throttle body is bigger you have to hang it there, it is no problem providing that they are only a set of cables
    Too much details when starting the project and it took me around 3 full days to install, fabricate it.

As for the prices, I live in Georgia (The country in Europe), so the used spare parts are:

1. Throttle Body of N52B30 - 15$
    2. Intake Manifold of M54B30 - 19$
    3. Ford Mondeo Intake Boot (Quantity: 2 pcs) - 7$
    4. Spacer Fabrication - 19$
    5. Aluminium Pipe & Fabrication - 17$
    6. Installation by me - FREE :D

In Total: 77$

Now compare it to DINAN, Dinan costs 911$ and it is only 74mm, also on ebay a British guy sells CNC-ed Throttle Bodies for around 200$ but it is only 72mm.
    Not bad for 77$ and 76mm :D

Last edited by BerDz3nA; 03-17-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    ZHP 2004 6M/T Silver Grey - BBS RGR R18 8.5 ET38 RG734H & 9J ET45 RG762H Forged - Gruppe M Air Intake - Supersprint Replica Headers - N52 TB - Ported Head - MS43 ECU Conversion - 7000RPM - ETS Tuned - Tein Street Advance Z Coilovers

Today i went and dynoed my car. The outside temperature was 15 degrees celsius, and car specs were:

1. Headlight Less so the filter would breath freely
    2. Gruppe M
    3. N52B30 Throttle Body
    4. 98 Octane Super

The peak HP at the wheels was impressive considering that i have catalytic converter restricting the engine to breath. But the AFR was awfull.
    From 3900rpm to 4100rpm the AFR gets lean, then normalizes and at 5800rpm starts getting richer and drops down to 11,3. The HP peak is at 5500rpm and shows 203,4HP at the wheels. I think the AFR is due to the bigger throttle body. So next step are the headers (at the local shop my friend bought and installed on his 330, the rear o2 didn't fit but i don't care as i am planning on coding out the rear o2s), after i install them i will check the dyno again to see what difference the headers made and then i will head to tune the DME at the local shop GELASHVILI PERFORMANCE. I am aiming at the 220WHP, let's see what my car shows.

If you saw my last dyno results, i showed 202WHP and my specs were:

1. KN Intake
    2. Headlightless
    3. Decated exhaust manifold

Now comparing with my current setup, if we say that after i installed the catalyst converter, the restriction should have reduced around 4-5WHP, the WHP should have been 197-198 WHP. So providing that i showed 203WHP with catalyst converted the throttle body should have gained me, 203WHP-197/198WHP = 5-6WHP

Take into consideration that 5-6WHP is without tuning the DME and correcting the AFR. If i tuned it the results will be greater. So at the end it was totally worth isntalling the N52B30 throttle body.

Name:  20190317_183528.jpg
Views: 2131
Size:  250.8 KB
    ZHP 2004 6M/T Silver Grey - BBS RGR R18 8.5 ET38 RG734H & 9J ET45 RG762H Forged - Gruppe M Air Intake - Supersprint Replica Headers - N52 TB - Ported Head - MS43 ECU Conversion - 7000RPM - ETS Tuned - Tein Street Advance Z Coilovers

Good to know

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Awesome work! Thanks for sharing your journey + updates!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Awesome work! Thanks for sharing your journey + updates!
    Thank you 🙂👍

Greetings,

This time i've got a sooner update I installed supersprint replica headers. A local shop has imported from china, ebay lookalike headers. The box read E46 330i. The front O2 sensors installed with no problems. The rears needed alocation because it hit the wall but as i was not planning to install the rear o2 sensors, because i am planning on remapping my dme and code out the rear o2s i decided to install the blank bolts instead. I disconnected the rear o2 sensors from the car. SES light came up but it doesn't matter for me. Another issue was bolting the headers in the rear section with the exhaust. One header was longer than another and i had to cut and weld a pipe in between. Approximately 1.5-2cm pipe. Apart from that everything went well and the car runs great. The sound of the muffler has increased but not dramatically, it has a nice sound when the headers get hot.

Headers price: 150$

First impressions are that it accelerates faster and has more torque. I will dyno the results on saturday and i can compare it to the before dyno results. I ran the adaptations with inpa, a full adaptation program, it will be interesting what the afr will be.

After the dyno i am planning on remapping and that will be the end to it.

Great thread. I assume there is some additional gain by partnering the N52 throttle body with the unrestricted carless headers. Increased air coming in and less restriction going out. In chasing HP, any desire to switch to the M50 manifold?

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Great thread. I assume there is some additional gain by partnering the N52 throttle body with the unrestricted carless headers. Increased air coming in and less restriction going out. In chasing HP, any desire to switch to the M50 manifold?
    Yeap there is some additional gain with headers. I dynoed last night the results with:

1. Headlightless
    2. Gruppe M Intake
    3. N52 Throttle Body (76mm)
    4. Ported Head
    5. ZHP Camshafts
    6. Ebay Headers

The results are: 211WHP / 285 WTQ / AFR 13.00 with a 18-20% loss for drivetrain the results for engine will be: 257-264HP / 348-356 TQ

To sum up the horsepower journey for my ZHP
    The headers gave me - 8WHP
    The N52 Throttle body - 4-5WHP
    Gruppe M without headlight - 10WHP
    As for the ported head, i don't have an idea what it increased. The mods cost me roughly 500$, 500$ for 22-23WHP, worth it ? For me totally.
    Last thing that is left is the remap, which i am currently investigating in, locally only one guy can remap an MS45 ECU, George Gelashvili and it costs 350$. The expected gains are roughly 5-10WHP and a better AFR for high rpms. I also want to code out the rear Cat Sensors aka O2 Sensors. Another way is to convert to MS43 and there are around 3-5 guys that know how to remap locally, also the price is lower, around 150-250$.

Remap will be my final mod, i was intending to swap the camshafts too for a custom ones but it is not worth the headache of finding the right alignment for me, maybe in the future but not right now. There is also a mod i haven't done, the lightweight pullies but the difference will be unoticable so i passed on it. There is also a mod that will gain around 5WHP maybe ? The M50 Manifold, my friend has it on his E60 530 M54, but you need to widen the head intake ports and change the form from D to O, you also need to delete the DISA. But for the moment too much for me

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast